• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Read the instructions, moron.

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Things work a lot better when you do.

The house I bought came with a gas dryer. A while back it stopped drying, the drum would turn, but no heat. Couldnt figure it out, replace the gas line and everything, still couldnt get it to work. Finally broke out the instructions and it said "Dryer spins but doesnt dry, check the lint filter. I take a look and its so pack with crap I had to fight to get it out, cleaned it, put it back in. Dryer dries like a charm.

Read the instructions. Doh!

Things work a lot better when you do.

The house I bought came with a gas dryer. A while back it stopped drying, the drum would turn, but no heat. Couldnt figure it out, replace the gas line and everything, still couldnt get it to work. Finally broke out the instructions and it said "Dryer spins but doesnt dry, check the lint filter. I take a look and its so pack with crap I had to fight to get it out, cleaned it, put it back in. Dryer dries like a charm.

Read the instructions. Doh!
    Holy shit, if you were a normal fucking human you would do that everytime a load is finished drying.....where the fuck did you learn how to dry laundry......

This is why I have zero faith in our society.....

Doc

things are always better when you wing it , how else do you plan to get extra parts ? reading is for lesser men . lol it never happened unless you send in pics .

I noticed for years that my asshole got sore and itched after I took a shit, but I could never figure out why. I changed my diet, started wearing boxers instead of briefs. nothing. finally I broke out the instruction book. "wipe ass with toilet paper" it said. now my ass doesn't itch and my dating life is so much better.

• Haha
    Reactions: Maggot
    more lint than in your belly button?? ;)

You should probably clean out the whole dryer exhaust vent if you ran it that plugged

Somewhat related. I will assume most clean the lint screen by brushing off the lint, throw that in the trash, then replace the screen.

Next time try this, especially if fabric softening sheets are used. Remove and trash the lint as usual. Then hold the screen flat under the sink faucet and let the water run through it. Now wash the screen with soap and a brush or whatever scrubby thing is around. Hold it under the water stream again. The difference in how that allows the water to pass through will amaze you. Air is just a thinner fluid than water.

PS. Dryer lint makes a good fire starter for camping. Not as good as steel wool and a 9V battery, but good.

Thank you,
    MrSmith

Somewhat related. I will assume most clean the lint screen by brushing off the lint, throw that in the trash, then replace the screen.

Next time try this, especially if fabric softening sheets are used. Remove and trash the lint as usual. Then hold the screen flat under the sink faucet and let the water run through it. Now wash the screen with soap and a brush or whatever scrubby thing is around. Hold it under the water stream again. The difference in how that allows the water to pass through will amaze you. Air is just a thinner fluid than water.

PS. Dryer lint makes a good fire starter for camping. Not as good as steel wool and a 9V battery, but good.

Thank you,
    MrSmith
    After reading this, I went and checked the dryer screen, then washed it as you described..........I was amazed at the difference.......

The lint filter isn't perfect. Doesn't stop 100%.
    Older dryers will accumulate lint in the blower plenum, cover the blower blades, deposit lint in the exhaust tubing and the rat trap at the exit.
    Fucking Nanny State also puts a flow sensor for the air to cut off gas on newer dryers.
    What's the FUN in that?
    My new electric dryer has a vacuum triggered alarm for excessive restriction. If it ever trips I'll show the wife how to clean it out.

Have the wife slide the dryer away from the wall and crawl around back and clean out the exhaust path.

Thank you,
    MrSmith

Not to be pedantic, but dryer lint makes for good kindling or tinder depending on your use.
    Steel wool and a 9v battery is a fire starter.

Different functions.

Dryer lint can't start a fire without something to ignite it.
    A 9v battery and steel wool can't get much of a fire going unless there is something to ignite.

Not to be pedantic, but dryer lint makes for good kindling or tinder depending on your use.
    Steel wool and a 9v battery is a fire starter.

Different functions.

Dryer lint can't start a fire without something to ignite it.
    A 9v battery and steel wool can't get much of a fire going unless there is something to ignite.

I had to look up the definition of "pedantic", you are accurate. Now go wash your lint screen and see what happens. :)

Thank you,
    MrSmith