• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

READE RANGE MATCH RESULTS

miker

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 4, 2002
Emporium,Pa
First I would like to honor our sponsors :

Chief Bowes (DHS)..Lazer sight

Tony G. (NOMAD).....IMPACT DATA BOOKS

Nick P. GRAND RIVER TACTICAL.. muzzle and scope covers

Craig M. US OPTICS.........SCOPE CERT

Scott Mcree Mcree precision..........stock

Jamie D. ALL HOGS GO TO HEAVEN......DVD and data books

THANK YOU ALL AGAIN FOR YOUR SUPPORT

RESULTS:

1] Rob O. 1388 5 TIME WINNER
2] Steve L. 1307
3] Rich G. 1226
4] Sam M. 1223
5] Jamie D. 1191
6] Fred W. 1143
7] Mike E. 1099
8] Ray W. 1093
9] Kyle G. 1084
10] Ben D. 1039
11] Jake M. 1029
12] Tom P 1004
13] Nick K. 979
14] Craig M. 958
15] Tom P. 933
16] Joe C. 906
17] Kevin L. 897
18] Matt S. 890
19] Tony G. 879
20] Ed S. 841
21] Mike P. 824
22] Tom P.II 813
23] Aaron C. 718
24] Tom B. 646
25] John R. 640 { only fired first day }
26] Mike H. 579
27] Dan P. 563
28] Nick P. 546
29] Heath Z. 456
30] Lance B. 441

I would like to thank everyone for coming and making this match grow.............miker

Re: READE RANGE MATCH RESULTS

[img:center]http://
2wdzevb.jpg
[/img]
R to L Miker, Rob, Steve, Rich, Sam amd Jamie

[img:center]
180keq.jpg
[/img]

<span style="font-weight: bold"> </span> <span style="color: #FF0000"> </span> <span style="font-size: 17pt"> </span> Thanks to all the sponsors and Miker for another great RR match!

nice shootin rob....i really wish i could have stayed...thanks mike and ill try to make sure i can stay next time.....mabe turn my phone off and play dumb...lol

thanks miker, we had a blast. can't wait for the winter shoot.

Just got home. Match was great! Thanks to Mike for the match and Freddy for the cookin! Thanks to all of the sponsors for what they gave back to the shooters. Hopefully see some of you at ASC in September.

Rich

I am still looking for a picture of a guy screwin a pooch, when I do, I will post it to describe my preformance in a little more detail.

Congrats, Mike and all;

Looks like a happy pack of participants.

Greg

Thanks guys. I would like to give a big thanks to GAP for building a great rifle, Nightforce for the F1 which functioned perfectly and Hornday for the 6.5 Creedmoor cartridge. The factory loaded 140 AMAX rounds worked great and hit where I needed them to when I didn't screw up. LOL All worked very well to help with the win this past weekend.

Great to see all my friends from past matches and make some new ones.

One was missing though. Jim? Oh Jim? Where were you?

Reposted from the match thread, because it belongs here instead.

Thank you very much Miker for the hard work you put into this. The match continues to grow and improve. The new stages were really sweet, and I thought the degree of difficulty was pretty darn high, but so was the fun factor.

Looking forward to the next one already!

Photos:

http://picasaweb.google.com/fargo007/Reade0809#

If I have any of these wrong, let me know and I'll edit.

Stages:

1 - Mil range 7 targets.
2 - locate a crawling match director in ghillie for 100 points. He remained undiscovered far as I know.
3 - KIMS study
4 - CBS - 500Y
5 - 5 round stress fire, 500Y
6 - popups on D targets, 500Y
7 - Barricades, 300Y - Roof shot left hand, roof shot right hand, standing door slot, doggie door, kneeling slide window.
other side: Rafter shot, kneeling, sitting, prone through tiny porthole, and shot off the concrete base.
8 - 300Y popups
9 - Balloon hostage mover, 200Y
10 - KYL on black squares, 200Y
11 - Hostage sprint 'n shoot, 200Y
12 - KIMS answers
13 - ID a face mover and engage 3 shots, 200Y
14 - 10 dot drill, 5 left, 5 right hand, 200Y
18 - Up-Down's 5 second exposures 200Y
20 - LE countersniper shot through plexiglass, 100Y
21 - Day 2 CBS - 800Y
22 - 900Y head shots
26 - Jungle Run. 2 UKD shots ~700Y after a sprint through rocks & woods.
27 - Heartbreaker, 600Y
28 - Zig-Zag Mover, 600Y
30 - Sprint from the 600Y berm to the 500Y berm and fire 5.
31 - Arrive at the pits alive.....

See all you sweat hogs in May!

--Fargo007

Cold Bore Shot

If you notice, everything before this was not shooting, but observing.
Chad

NO ONE FOUND ME CRAWLING........HEHEHEHEHEHEHE.........miker

Great match. What a great time and great group of people! I really enjoy this match. Thanks Mike and thanks to all the sponsors! Mike - next time I'm tagging you with a GPS tracker.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: miker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">NO ONE FOUND ME CRAWLING........HEHEHEHEHEHEHE.........miker </div></div>

You were under the pine tree at 700ish
whistle.gif

Cheers,

Doc

Had a great time as always, made sure to keep extra hydrated, suprised myself with the 7.62x51 i was firing since we only just finished it 4 days prior to the match.....

thanks to all...

Doc, WRONG !!!! I was in the small pines on range about 450 yds by flag pole, and I did low crawl over 50 yds in 30 mins...miker

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: miker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">NO ONE FOUND ME CRAWLING........HEHEHEHEHEHEHE.........miker </div></div>

That's because we were too busy looking for Target #3! (I suppose I should have paid attention when Tom said there were only 6 targets.)

Great match Miker, thanks again. Congrats to Rob O on the 5th win in a row. Congrats to Sam for being the only shooter to hit the 5" dot at 1000!

Also fun to see old faces and new, already looking forward to the next one.

As for the local accomodations, State College is just an hour from Reade, and it has a Hooters too, plus the drunk college girls. Just a suggestion.

Steve.

Congrats Rob and great shooting. To win it five times in a row says your doing something right : ) Had a blast as always. Always nice to see old faces and meet new people of the same interests as well. Great course of fire Mike. Can't wait for the next one.

JamieD

All Hogs Go To Heaven

There was some suggestion in the post match conversation that every few stages there is a spotter included. A twist on that idea is to "sell" that spotter for points.

If the shooter wants the spotter, he can have it. For -25 points.

This lets the guys who know they need the help get untangled, and those that don't can pass it by.

The plexi shot was a lot of fun. Well done on that bro.

I'd like to try a running face mover at 300Y. 5 rounds, 1 pass. Since they're already made this stage will go quickly.

I'll offer to bring a laptop next time. We can make a spreadsheet and easily keep track of every person on every stage, and no math errors. Somebody bring a power inverter.

another stage that would be kind of neat, and a play off of recent events playing on the plexi glass shot, would be teams of 2 or 3 shooters, shooting on a count down, engaging their own movers in a synchronized fashion....that would be kind of neat.

i have all the junk we would need to run a lap or anything else within reasonable power consumption off a inverter and a deep cycle battery.

I would like to thank Mike for another match. Also KUDOS to Fred for spotting my movers. And especially Doc and USO for the ridiculous prize that I received. Caution, IOR tend to malfunction under extreme conditions. Thanks again gentlemen.

It was nice to meet you Cpt. B, thanks for making me laugh all weekend. You and Click are priceless company.

I havnt laughed so hard is a long time, between hearing you guys carry on, and also Jersey Joe talk about his old lady in a plate carrier and sweating her balls off.

The only pic I got during the match, then my camera took a dump.

If USO starts building cameras and handing out certificates, I'll take one.

Matt S shooting off the roof.

100_0002.jpg

If anybody else got any pics please post.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: miker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Doc, WRONG !!!! I was in the small pines on range about 450 yds by flag pole, and I did low crawl over 50 yds in 30 mins...miker </div></div>
If no one saw you then were you really there ???

Kind of like if a tree falls in the woods with no one around does it really make a noise..... ???

Great time at the match. Good to see old and new faces. Good job Rob, again. Thanks Ben for the spot on the 600yd zig zag movers(and the motel space), I got 9 out of 10, great spotting. I learned my lession using my Badger M4 bottom. I will have my new McM A4 this week with the M5 back from GAP. I lost about 10 shots do to feed problems and time loss single feeding it. I'm also bringing some 175's too. My 168s fell of the map far back.

I like the spotter idea with one every few stages, free or at a cost.

I was surprised to see so mani AI stocks on the line.
Hope to see you all soon!
Kevin

I totally agree - Ben is among the finest spotters you're ever gonna get. He's got a natural knack for calling those out. Last time he had me shooting the stick in back of the target to pieces.

I always do great at movers when I've got a Ben.

--Fargo007

I had a great time! It's been the better part of a year since I've done a comp and my range time has been "scarce", it showed. The best part was seeing old friends and putting faces to names as well as meeting new ones. All the shooters were outstanding.

I thought the COF was as challenging as you could make it for a flat range. I too would like to have at least the CBS spotted.

I did have a very pleasant surprise when I got in the pits. My pit guy (Relay 2 Target #10) gave me plotted shots on the score sheet as to where I was hitting and the order in which they hit for stages that it could be determined. THANK YOU!!!!!

Adding a line diagram to the score sheet would make this much easier and would also let the pit crew know what target was needed for the next COF
whistle.gif

Thanks Mike!!! It was a great time.

Cheers,

Doc

Here are some more pics that Matt S. took, and needed a little help posting, THANKS MATT!

Mike H. and the rest of us, plotting our attack

August_1_2009_002.jpg

August_1_2009_007.jpg

The Pits, and the target shed,..aka the Hilton:

August_1_2009_001.jpg

Me working the second barricade

August_1_2009_021.jpg

August_1_2009_022.jpg

August_1_2009_023.jpg

Fred working the first barricade

dscn2184.jpg

dscn2185.jpg

300 yards, no bipod shot

August_1_2009_039.jpg

Matt S.'s rifle, and the Alamo set up

August_1_2009_035.jpg

100 yards looking at the plexi glass shot

August_1_2009_041.jpg

dscn2197.jpg

Matt and Fred enjoying life\

dscn2198.jpg

All of us wondering what the hell Mike is going to have us running through, crawling through, climbing over or god knows what next.

dscn2201.jpg

Miker: "Get ready for some runnin girls,...that way!"

dscn2202.jpg

Click enjoying his new McCree stock, rightfully so.

dscn2210.jpg

And a cell phone pic of what I saw out of my tent window Friday night. Absolutely beautifull country in the hills of PA.

0731092012a.jpg

Thanks for a great time Miker. Probably the best time I have ever had with pants on.

Your welcome Doc, I was your pit guy Relay 2, I try to give as much info as possible so it will people become better at the craft...

I would like some feedback from you, the shooters, of your likes and dislikes, so that I can improve this match, Please "PM" me with your AAR, I will keep all secrects------SO LETS HEAR YOUR BITCHES, I can't fix what I don.t know about.....miker

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: miker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would like some feedback from you, the shooters, of your likes and dislikes, so that I can improve this match, Please "PM" me with your AAR, I will keep all secrects------SO LETS HEAR YOUR BITCHES, I can't fix what I don.t know about.....miker</div></div>

My only suggestion would be a hot ass cart girl driving a golf cart around, serving refreshments. Other than that, I got nothin.

Need some help. Anyone have the pic of just me and Mike when he was giving me the plaque? It would be really appreciated if you could post it or send it to me. Thanks.

Rob,

I looked through a bunch of pics that Matt sent me, and I dont have one of just you and Mike, all I found was the one were you took a nap at the baricade stage.

August_1_2009_012.jpg

LOL Thanks Nick. I was tired.