• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

READE RANGE "SPRING" CHALLENGE- RESULTS

miker

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 4, 2002
Emporium,Pa
To all,I first have to thank our sponsors,
A.J Brown Arms Co.
Rock Creek Barrels
Manners Composite Stocks LLC
CDI Precision Gunworks
Phoenix Tactical
ACCU-SHOT
Bauer Arms
Cameraland
GRAND RIVER TACTICAL
Line Stretch
SWFA
TAB Gear
MAD Machine and Design
Suppressed Armament Systems,LLC
Surgeon Rifles, Inc.
Wolf Precision
Vortex Optics
BLACK HAT Training Corps
Impact Data Books
Liberty Optics
ADS Tactical
I hope I didn't miss any. If so , Someone please chime in.
OK, Now the results, Weather was cold and windy sat morning,But the sun did come out, sunday was warm and sunny[ My sun burn is showing]. After a slow start with radio trouble, We got the ball rolling.

1] Phil L. 2065
2] Rich G. 2030
3] Sean L. 1980
4] Jamie D. 1850
5] Tom B. 1775
6] Craig P. 1565
7] Raoul G. 1550
8] Sean R. 1475
9] Tom P. 1360
10] Rob O. 1320
11] Sam M. 1300
12] Jon B. 1290
13] Jim R. 1265
14] Tony G. 1240
15] Tom P. 1230
16] Nick P. 1200
17] Eric U. 1225
18] Joe C. 1145
19] Bill H. 1135
20] Ray W. 1090
21] Pat S. 1080
22] Josh H. 990
23] Aaron C. 945
24] Aaron M. 880
25] Lance B. 870
26] John P. 840
27] Chris S. 830
28] Mike P. 775
29] Mike H. 720
30] Matt S. 640
31] Jeff C. 285
32] Ian K. 220

I have to thank STEVE L. for helping run the match, without him this would not have gone so smoothly.......THANK YOU

And to Tom and Jamie , who stayed after to help pick up the barricades........THANK YOU

To all that shot this match,Please PM me with your comments.

Please post the pictures. Thank you....miker out

P.S. also I have to thank Eric who put a card in the drawing for prizes for Steve and I............WE THANK YOU

Re: READE RANGE "SPRING" CHALLENGE- RESULTS

Don't forget ADS Tactical...
http://www.adsinc.com/
Thanks for the Nalgene Bottle and Hat Paddy!

Thanks to all the sponsors!
I'm looking forward to playing with my new Pod Claws from Phoenix Tactical.

I really enjoyed shooting with everyone this weekend and look forward to seeing a bunch of you again in a few weeks @ ASC.

A very special thank you goes out to Rob & Tony of Team Blaster.
I couldn't have done it without your support from POF-USA.
wink.gif

Thanks again Mike for another great match! Also a big thanks to all the sponsors and especially to Eric for doing all the leg work for making it happen.

Great job on the win Phil and great shooting. See evrybody soon!

Rich

Most of these pictures are from the second relay. It was a lot of running around even for the camera operators. My wife and I (oh yea and my dog frank) had a great time and got to meet a lot of good guys. Hopefully I will get to shoot in the next match.

DSC_1181.jpg

DSC_1239.jpg

DSC_1184.jpg

DSC_1195.jpg

DSC_1204.jpg

DSC_1216.jpg

DSC_1223.jpg

DSC_1226.jpg

DSC_1237.jpg

DSC_1228.jpg

Thanks Miker! Great match--Great friends Old and New.
The fellowship shared at the campsite after shooting was the icing on the cake.

Mike & Richel--Special thanks to you two for the kick-ass designated photographer work and pitching in whenever needed.

Looking forward to shooting with a bunch of ya'll down at ASC in 3 weeks.

What a Great time! It was so nice to be able to put some faces to the names that I've seen here on the Hide for so long. It was a great pleasure to shoot with you guys.And what a prize table! A big THANKS goes out to all the sponsers that donated the gear.All these companies are going out of their way to make sure we have some kit for the table.Let's all be sure to send them some buisness in return. Here are some more pics of the second relay.
IMG_3475-Copy.jpg

IMG_3476-Copy.jpg

IMG_3478-Copy.jpg

IMG_3489-Copy.jpg

IMG_3493-Copy.jpg

IMG_3497-Copy.jpg

IMG_3505-Copy.jpg

IMG_3507-Copy.jpg

IMG_3512-Copy.jpg

IMG_3515-Copy.jpg

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

A special thanks goes out to JersyFrank for making the Jungle Run more realistic! lol

Stiggy

Finally getting settled tonight after the long weekend and going to work this morning, I had a really great time! Really good to see everyone and to meet a bunch of new people, I like these types of matches cause you get to know your fellow shooters when you are down in the pits for 8hrs a day. Its all the 1st relays fault, they were just too slow, I'm sure cause they all had to carry Nomad. LOL

Congradulations to Tony on winning the rifle, that thing is really nice!! The sponsors did an outstanding job donating top of the line equipment for that rifle, a big thanks to them.

Phil, great shooting man! A great guy who always has a smile and whitty comment about Bowes, congradulations on your win!

Bowes, good job swabbie!! See you and Phil at ASC, good thing there are only sheep and donkeys up there, can't take you around college girls!

Rich, great job shooting, but you have always been a good shooter so there is no surprise there, great seeing you again and will see you in a few weeks up at ASC. Hopefully we'll be in the same squad and get to catch up.

Huge appology to Miker, he ran a great match, I'm sorry I kinda was jumping you when we came out on the line the first day, we had been in the pits for awhile I think it was getting to me. Flash backs!! Another big thanks to Steve L for running the pits, he did a great job and kept his cool and was trying to stay ahead.

Jersey Mike, your wife Richlle sp? and dog Frankie hung out the whole weekend being our photo crew, Frankie participated in the run in the woods by barking like a pursuit dog while we crawled under the rock.

A even bigger thanks to Eric U. and all the sponsors for the match, great to get to meet Paddy and Nick Painter who supplied prizes. Tony had his databooks there which are always a great product, along with Vortex and SWFA scopes, that little Vortex spotter is the heat!!

A final thanks to a few people, the Rec shooters, you guys are great (Sam tell your wife thanks for the great chicken salad), Mike H. for pulling my target and make such great notes but I left the sheet at the match, sorry. Joe, Ion, Matt? (quiet kid who shot next to me) you guys shot next to me great getting to shoot with you guys and everyone on relay 2.

Last but not least, Ricketts and Boney, as usual we didn't get to shoot together but that is the Ass Rat side of Team ACE, sorry I didn't camp out with you guys. Im sure I missed a good camp fire, esp if it beat out the one on the farm, I didn't think that was possible. Great shooting guys you both did really well, and I am honored that I got to help with that, plus all the support you guys have given me when I needed it. You guys are really good friends, and I thank you.

Ok, I guess I am done, anyone got any info on when Mike will run the next match? I think I heard Aug? Looking forward to it as long as Tony doesn't throw out any stages, LOL!!

Later
Little

What a great time.

WIND WIND WIND!!!!

I did happen to notice that I beat Eric, despite he scored more points than I did...handsome must have been factored in.

Pictures are still uploading, couple videos too.

Thanks Mike for a great shoot as always! I had a great time shooting with everyone. I felt bad for Steve running the pits instead of his rifle, I think he should get the first spot in the fall match. Unless you agree he did a good job running the pits than just loose his entry form : ) See you all in the fall.

JamieD
Wolf Precision
All Hogs Go to Heaven

Damn, This is the first one Mike and I have missed, and it looks like it was a pretty damn good one. The pics tell me some of the stages. Looks like the hathcock shot was back again!

Somebody please post the evolutions when you get a minute. And I wonder what kind of winds were prevalent across both days there.

Big congrats to Phil. Great job buddy. Were you shooting your FN?

Really looking forward to August. I have my 260 100% G2G.

--Fargo007

Wow, what a great time and an opportunity to shoot with some really great people. I had a great time and learned a lot.

Mike and Steve, thank you for all of the hard work that went into planning and prep for the match.

Eric, thanks again for the diligence on the prize table buddy.

Phil, congrats on the win and good shooting!

Sean Little, I am glad the Team ACE shirt brought you good luck bro. Great Job and congrats.

Matt, Roul, Mike, Richelle, Ricketts, Ian, and Eric -- Thanks for the great time at the campsite. The converstion, food, Knob Creek, Cigars, and bonfire made it all worth while to freeze my ass off Friday night!

Looking forward to seeing you all again soon.

Jon

Missed you Freddy!
Yea, I was running my meager FN A5-M with a Mark 4 on top.
Don't have the CDI Bottom metal like you though.
(Too much of the gun would have to be re-done to make it practical for me.)

The wind was 2-5, gusting to 10 coming from 1000 on Sat morning for the first relay.
It picked up quite a bit after we got in the pits though.
My estimate would be 7-10 gusting to 15.
(Couldn't tell for sure from the pit though.)
On Sun morning for the second relay, the wind was 5-7 gusting to 10 and the wind started at 1000 again, but starting switching to 1100.

I'll let someone else post up the specific COF since I don't have my range book or score sheet handy, but here are the highlights:
Day ONE
- CBS 5 yards in front of the 600 yard line. (Forward slope.)
- KIMS game Part 1 (showed 5 playing cards)
- Heartbreaker @ 800 (No explanation needed
grin.gif
)
- High Angle Shot at dot
- Movers at 800 shooting through a cut out sign. (Loop Hole Simulation)
- Pop-up head and shoulder targets (Three color, three at a time.)
- Barricade #1:
Shoot through window, move through window, shoot one shot from each side of a mocked up roof, left handed shot using barricade, urban prone shot under barricade (Bolt handle up)
- Barricade #2:
Shoot through port in the top of barricade, shoot through doggie door in barricade, shoot through window, shoot through mocked up attic window, and one shot kneeling (Unsupported
cry.gif
)

<span style="font-weight: bold">NOTE: Both barricade stages were thrown out under protest from Tony G.
One group from relay 1 used support for the kneeling shot and one didn't.
The second relay did not have the opportunity to shoot those stages at all.</span>

- Pop-up dot targets (Three color, three at a time.)
- 100 yard run from 300 yard line to 200 yard line then engage hostage target with two shots
- Balloon hostage mover (Shots taken from unsupported sitting position.)
- KIMS game Part 2 (shoot playing card target and hit only the cards you were previously shown.)
- 10 shots at 10 MOA dots (Cannot hit any one dot more than once
- 5 shots at a 1 MOA dot shot off of your neighbor's shoulder
- 8 shots at a B27 to make a smiley face
- Carlos Hathcock Shot on paper towel tubes capped with foil
- 2 shots at 100 yards to cut a nylon rope under tension

Day TWO
- CBS @ 1000 yards
- 4 shots at mini steel IPSC targets @ 100, 200, 600, & 1000 yards then shoot at closest to the dot target @ 1000
- Steel Know Your Limits target 600 yards away
- Run 200 yards to the 800 yard line over terrain then take 5 shots at B27
- 3 spotted shots on B27, then 3 head shots on B27
- Hide shot @ 725 Yards (Two shots)
- Jungle run through three obstacles with a partner and then engage your designated B27 target with two shots (FFP = 680 Yards)
- Mover / Runner @ 200 yards (Walk then run after first shot.)
- Closest to the center of the Ace of Spades card @ 200 for a cash prize

Like I said, that is the best I can do from memory.
Please feel free to post up and corrections or additional information.

I expect to post up some pics from our relay later today of tomorrow.

Wow - looks like the difficulty level was pretty strong.

And as usual Miker seems to have done a fantastic job of coming up with a great combination of new challenges while maintaining enough of the traditional favorites.

Winning a match like that with a .308 really changes the complexion of it. Especially with a lot of challenging evolutions out long. Really great job bro, and I'm happy for you.

I know yall musta missed my cookin'. :)

If there is a private list of pics please do include me guys.

--Fargo007

Great job to Mike, Steve and Eric for all the hard work you guys put into making this happen. Thanks for all the hard work.

It was a great time as always seeing everyone, busting balls and shooting.

Thanks to all the sponsors for stepping up and providing all the great stuff we were able to take home with us.

Make sure that we all send thank you messages to these companies so they keep supporting the match. It does go a long way so even if you didnt win that specific prize thank them. Eric went and made a complete list to make it easy for us all to do.

Great shooting Phil way to kick some ass this weekend congrats on your win.

Mike we have already done a large AAR thats has 3-4 shooters worth of feedback, ideas and comments of the weekends match. enjoy the reading and yell if you need anything.

Stay safe everyone and I look forward to seeing everyone in the fall.

Here are all the pics that are note worthy from Relay 2, in the field and the pits. Also a couple shots of the most impressive prize table yet, for all us undeserving shooters. Thanks a TON to Danny Pohuski, for two things, stepping down and letting Matt shoot his first match, with his first match gun, and also for running the Grand River Tactical Cam. Thank You Sir, your a class act along with all the Pohuski Crew, and look forward to seeing you at again in Ausgust.

DSC01104.jpg

DSC01105.jpg

DSC01106.jpg

DSC01107.jpg

DSC01108.jpg

DSC01118.jpg

DSC01119.jpg

DSC01120.jpg

DSC01121.jpg

DSC01122.jpg

DSC01191.jpg

DSC01193.jpg

DSC01196.jpg

DSC01199.jpg

DSC01201.jpg

Everyone loved JerseyFrank, for obvious reasons, and also he put an extra spring in my step on the jungle run, something about halling ass through the woods with what sounds like a Shep barking on your heals.

DSC01202.jpg

DSC01203.jpg

DSC01204.jpg

DSC01205.jpg

DSC01210.jpg

DSC01250.jpg

DSC01251.jpg

DSC01255.jpg

DSC01257.jpg

DSC01261.jpg

DSC01262.jpg

DSC01263.jpg

DSC01265.jpg

Here is Tony's rifle, we all tried to have that stage thrown out, but low and behold, Tony would not have it.

DSC01266.jpg

DSC01267.jpg

DSC01268.jpg

DSC01273.jpg

DSC01283.jpg

My Personal Favorite Picture, and as the highlight of my shooting carreer, I must say, no one else even came close
grin.gif

DSC01285.jpg

DSC01288.jpg

DSC01286.jpg

DSC01290.jpg

DSC01291.jpg

DSC01293.jpg

DSC01294-1.jpg

Thanks to everyone for making this a great time.

Mike for running another good match, Steve L. for stepping up big time, and dealing with all of us in the Pit, Eric for organizing a fantastic prize table, to all the sponsors that shot the match, and all the sponsors who stocked us with an impressive prize table.

Thanks alot to everyone for being helpfull and sharing knowledge, that is what makes us all better, and the atmosphere from such a match is just as good as could be.

Nick

No wonder we always had to wait for Relay 2 whether it be in the butts for our targets to come up or on the firing line. They were too busy taking pictures.
wink.gif

Great time as usual with some small hicups but everything turned out well in the end. Good to hang out with everyone on 1st relay. Atleast we didn't get rained on! LOL

Thanks to all the sponsors especially TAB Gear for the sling I got off the table.

Thanks to Mike and Steve for running the match. Tony has some of my thoughts on making it better in the AAR he will be sending.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rlGFrBBmNN4"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rlGFrBBmNN4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

What is it like shooting a 7WSM from a dusty, confined hide...cough..cough. Or you can ask 19Scout77.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Urr03m0jaTA"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Urr03m0jaTA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Jim R. in the Hide

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/l7G9Ros5yyk"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/l7G9Ros5yyk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No wonder we always had to wait for Relay 2 whether it be in the butts for our targets to come up or on the firing line. They were too busy taking pictures.
wink.gif

Great time as usual with some small hicups but everything turned out well in the end. Good to hang out with everyone on 1st relay. Atleast we didn't get rained on! LOL

Thanks to all the sponsors especially TAB Gear for the sling I got off the table.

Thanks to Mike and Steve for running the match. Tony has some of my thoughts on making it better in the AAR he will be sending.</div></div>

Please. Saturday when we got out the sun was setting, after what will be infamously known as the barricade debacle of 2010 went down with relay one.
blush.gif

I have all the pictures of the lunch we had out on the 800 yard line on Sunday, while we were supposed to be shooting the barricades, I will post if you want to see the hot dog and brawtworst buffet. That was the only time wasted, and was told it was owed to us.
grin.gif

So it's your fault that we didn't get home til 0230...
Hope the Brats were tasty!
wink.gif

At least you didn't have to hear it!
I think I heard the same bitching at least 6 times in a row.
I'm just glad that Mike is smart enough to not let that shit get to him.

Thanks Mike!
We appreciate all the time and effort that you put into putting these matches together.

After the Carlos Hathcock Shot, Bowes had to celebrate by taking us on a tour of Penn State...

DSCF0770.jpg

DSCF0774.jpg

DSCF0777.jpg

Some of us had more "fun" than others...

DSCF0785.jpg

Fortunately Tony was available to deliver a proper reprimand...

DSCF0788.jpg

DSCF0790.jpg

DSCF0791.jpg

DSCF0792.jpg

DSCF0795.jpg

DSCF0804.jpg

Good to see a few faces I recognize, Joe C. Keep it up, your doing great.

Tony, Congrats on the rifle.
Rob, ................see ya in norcal. LOL.

What a weekend. I do believe we saw all four seasons in three days.

First I want to thank Mike and Steve for all their hard work putting this match together. Reade is a great facility. I also want to thank the generous sponsors of the match and Eric U. who pulled it all together. The prize table was packed and everyone walked away with something. The generosity of the sponsors of this sport never fails to amaze me and I cannot thank them enough for their support of our sport.

The competitors were great. I want to congratulate Phil on some awesome shooting. I also want to congratulate Rich, Sean, Jamie and Tom on their top 5 finishes. Little, it's about freaking time the ass rat didn't bite you.

Last but not least, the camping. To all those who shared our campsite, you guys were awesome. It was nice to meet some new people and to bond over a raging fire, cigars, good food and freezing temps.

Looking forward to the next Reade match and catching up with some at ASC in a couple of weeks. Sean R.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Please. Saturday when we got out the sun was setting, after what will be infamously known as the barricade debacle of 2010 went down with relay one.
blush.gif

</div></div>

That had nothing to do with the Relay 1 shooters. We did as we were told
wink.gif

It was another great weekend at Reade Range. Gotta thank Miker for keeping the match interesting and Steve L. for helping out...a lot. We ran into the usual bumps in the road but by the end of the weekend, everyone seemed to go home pleased.

I HUGE thank you goes out to the many great sponsors for their generosity which helps these types of shoots get better each time. And of course to Eric U. who did a fantastic job with the sponsors to make it happen.

Congratulations to Phil, Rich, and Sean for some awesome shooting, well done guys.

And as usual, it was great to hang out with old friends make a lot of new ones. Looking forward to seeing you all again at either ASC or in the fall.

CM.

First and foremost, a sincere thank you to Mike and his team. Your selfless effort and hard work are appreciated by all of us, and these matches (which have become events I look forward to all year) would not be possible without your dedication. As always, the match was tons of fun, educational and humbling. I also want to thank all of our sponsors for their generosity, and Eric (Scout197) for all of his hard work and enthusiasm in helping put together a really great prize table. It was great meeting new friends, and seeing old friends, Eric, Rob, Tom (and his family), Tony, Lance, Jeff, Rich, Sam, Nick, Ray, Jaime – really everyone on the roster! What really makes this match so much fun are the people – full stop. I always leave a better shooter than I came, and richer in friends and good company. Thank you all!

- Jersey Joe

Thank you Mike and Steve for putting on the match.
A lot of hard work goes into pulling it off and it is appreciated. This was my first time to Reade and I definitely want to come back.

Eric, great job putting the prize table together.

Congratulations to Phil and the other top shooters. You guys made some great shots and the scores show. Jamie, 4th place with your 223 impressive.

Hopefully I learned a few things. One thing I know for sure is I will have a mag
feed system in place next time. No more top loading for me!

Thanks to all the companies that supported the match with prizes and especially Tony for the data book. The wife really
appreciated you giving me the ride back to Altoona on Saturday.

My wife snapped a few pics of people with their loot from the prize table.
IMG_0438.jpg

IMG_0437.jpg

IMG_0436.jpg

IMG_0435.jpg

IMG_0434.jpg

IMG_0433.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rlGFrBBmNN4"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rlGFrBBmNN4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object> </div></div>

Haaaa haa ha ha ha ha!!!!!!

I told mike he ought to put something in there where you have to crawl a bit. Too bad I was stuck in the pits and missed seeing this first hand. If it were me I'd have brought a water tank and soaked it down a bit first.

Hope everybody had a good time. This was my first shot at helping run the match. Hope I didn't screw it up too bad.

Congrats to the winners. Eric, hell of a prize table! Thank you. Thanks Mike for letting me help out.

Looking forward to SHOOTING the match in August. See a couple of you at ASC new guy shoot.

Steve L.

wish we could have made it looks like the best one yet, hope to see you all at the summer shoot