• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

READE RANGE"SPRING" SNIPER CHALLENGE RESULTS

miker

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 4, 2002
Emporium,Pa
First I have to thank our sponsors for the nice things they donated.

OTIS TECHNOLOGY- Box of cleaning kits, mats,plus more.

dfar Connacticut Firearms & Tactical

NOMAD Data books

JamieD www.AllHogsGoToHeaven.com DVDs

fargo007 Cigars

Plus I have to thank my friends for helping me with setup and other things ,

Weather was overcast with a few sprinkles and sun, both days, Nothing we couldn't work through.

RESULTS:

1] Rob O 2558 4 Time winner
2] Ian K 2041
3] Mike E 1968
4] Kyle G 1809
5] Rich G 1757
6] Tony G 1618
7] Sam M 1599
8] Fred W 1567
9] Ray W 1554
10] Ben D 1541
11] Joe C 1503
12] Tom B 1490
13] Stephen O 1428
14] Steve L 1394
15] Nick K 1367
16] Phil L 1349
17] Eric U 1326
18] Jake M 1262
19] Jim R 1185
20] Darin F 1098
21] Clark K 1062
22] Matt S 1050
23] Lance B 998
24] Mike H 926
25] Sang N 914
26] Bill H 882
27] Aaron C 863
28] Pat S 636
4 NO SHOWS

I hope all that took pictures ,Will post them so everyone can see what they are missing, Next one is Aug 1 & 2 , I will post on here when I am ready to recievce money.

miker

Re: READE RANGE"SPRING" SNIPER CHALLENGE RESULTS

nice shooting Rob....and you to Tony.

Jim R...what happened dude? I figured you would have Tony beat this match...damn i lost money on that one...lol.

Hey Jim R...hows the windage knob turning for you...clockwise or counter clockwise...lol. the little arrows on it are your friends...lol.

Thanks for another great match Miker, I think the field was the most competitive to date, and Rob has made it pretty much a battle for 2nd place, he's a machine. Congrats to all.

Good to see old friends and meet new ones, see you guys in August.
grin.gif

A lot of mixed, 308,260,6.5 creed,6.5 grendel, 243,243 ack, 6mm turbo, 300wsm, 284, thats all I remember.

Jon,
I ran my 260 w the Shark can and an S&B 4-16.
Did well day 1, shit the bed day 2, dropped from 4th to 7th. Lack of practice plain and simple.
Rob and Tony used GAP 6.5 Creedmoor's, Mike E a 260, Kyle a 6mm AR wildcat based on the Grendel case, Rich a GAP 243, Jim R a GAP 6.5 Creedmoor as well.
Were quite a few 6.5 caliber sticks, lots of GAP's, lots of FTE muzzle brakes.
mad.gif

Good luck this weekend at ASC, say hello to the manchild Brad aka RockStar.

Sam

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jon Lester</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any idea what chambering everybody ran?

Sam, you sport the 308 this time? </div></div>

All kinds. I believe 6.5 CM won it (maybe .243), plus I saw .308, 300 wm, 7wsm, .260, 6mmAR Turbo, 6.5 Grendel, .243 AI, .243. All the players were represented.

Thanks alot Mike. Great time had by all!!

Thanks Mike for having the match. Had a good time and got some good practice running the pits
wink.gif
Had fun hanging with some old friends and making some new ones. Ian was trying his hardest but just couldn't pull it off LOL I'll be there in August if I can.

I was running my GAP 6.5 Creedmoor with factory 140 AMAX rounds. Had a Nightforce F1 on the top for it's first match and I was pretty happy with the way it perfromed. TAB sling worked great too as it was the first time out for it as well.

Now where is The Schwartz with those 6000 pics he was taking all weekend LOL

Was waiting to see how the 6AR Turbo worked. I guess a gas gun in the top 5 tells the tail!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jon Lester</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Was waiting to see how the 6AR Turbo worked. I guess a gas gun in the top 5 tells the tail! </div></div>

True is that, the driver is pretty smooth as well.

What a great match. Better than the last one for sure. Miker continues to outdo himself.

I ran a bone stock FN SPR 308 and got 8th place. It really is tough against those wildcats. I was talking with another shooter about how with a 308 you ALWAYS have wind on the gun past 5-600, but with those others.... you don't.

Props to Rob01. What a game champion and good guy.

2,8,and 10 were .308's. Ian was blazin' like a crackhouse on fire that day. Nice job.

Simply no time for pics, but I did get a couple. "The devil's popsicle" was a 3D mover shot from a mildly steep horizontal angle through some saplings.

The hobo style dinner on Saturday night was one of the highlights of the weekend.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/a2Ko4s0rzabaKEbP2G9KEQ?feat=directlink

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/MJayyXrXSyFJmJReanBiDw?feat=directlink

ETA - If someone could post the stage descriptions and distances, I'd appreciate that.

--Fargo007

Cant wait to come back August. Movers were fun and learned some new stuff and what i need to learn myself. Hopefully my barrel will still be good by August.

Rich

Oh one more thing. Thanks Mike for a great match.

Rich

Great match Miker, thanks!

Rob definately unleashed hell at this one. Congratulations and great shooting.

Congrats to the other winners too. Mike E definately made it interesting. I figured he'd end up in the top 3.

Well, gotta start prepping brass for the august match. Sam, Ben, Mike, let me know when you want to head back to the range.

Steve.

Photos are out to the guys who know how to post them here - - so check back

Thanks Mike for the extra curricular movers, Kudos to Rob, Ian, and the rest of the field. Had a blast, saw a new position, We called it the modified sniper kamasutra double reverse clam position, Phil is very flexable. DHS #1

What happened Clark? Was the recoil on that 338 Extreme causing you to flinch
grin.gif
? Looks like another good match and wish I could've made it. Oh well, hopefully in the fall. However, I'll see some of you next week at ASC.

First and foremost thanks Miker for all the time and effort you put in to run a great match!This was my first match and I was not sure what to expect.All the guys in my relay were top notch,always helpful with spotting,advice, and all around support.Just wanted to thank you all for the help,looking forward to shooting with you again.
Mike

Anyone have the stage descriptions & distances please?

thanks,

--Fargo007

Here's a few Matt sent to me
If you ain't peeing, you ain't drinking enough
May_2_2009_065.jpg

Two views of the sniper hide for shots from about 750 yards
May_3_2009_019.jpg

May_3_2009_029.jpg

Some of the shots
300 yard barricades
May_2_2009_073.jpg

May_2_2009_075.jpg

Partner sitting at 200 yards on MOA sized dot
May_2_2009_028.jpg

About 160 yard 3D mover from behind small trees for limited views
May_2_2009_035.jpg

I'm sure more pics will pop up as people get home and get the time to put them up.

I have the COF on some notes in my log book. I'll have to dig them out and type them up.

Had a blast, learned alot, thanks to all...
Hey Tony make sure you let us know when those data books are ready....

Mike: Thanks for putting together a great match. I can't begin to tell you how much I learned just being there. Sincere gratitude. Maybe I'll try to shed a few pounds now!

Freddy: Thanks for the hot chow. You kept me going for the rest of the day.

- Joe

Hey Guys- What are Mike E's and Ben D's user names? Thanks.

E-

Spring 2009 COF

1] CBS 325 yds 90 sec.
2] POP UPS 300 yds
3] UP DOWNS 250 yds
4] HOSTAGE MOVER 250 yds
5] HOSTAGE TARGET run 200 yds
6]TEN DOT DRILL 200 yds
7]5 SHOT GROUP OFF SPOTTERS SHOULDER 200 yds
8]ANGLE MOVER 160 yds plus
9]COLORED SHAPES 225 yds
10] OLD SCHOOL PRONE 225 yds
11] FACE MOVER 210 yds
12] BARRICADES 300 yds
13]500 yds OVER THE BANK SHOT
14] POP UPS 500 yds
15] HEARTBREAKER 600 yds
16] LADDER SHOT 20 yds
17] ZIG ZAG MOVER 600 yds

DAY TWO

1] CBS 800 yds
2] 3 shots centermass, then spot, then 3 head shots, 800 yds
3] SAME AS # 2, 900 yds
4] SAME AS # 2 1000 yds
5] Four metal knock down targets and closest to center 1000 yds
6] CANCELLED- dozer moved dirt pile
7] SNIPER HIDE HILL TOP SHOT 750 yds
8] JUNGLE RUN 700 yds
9] RUNNER 200 yds

Already have NEW ideas for Aug. match

Shirts will be $15.00 each, long sleeves, OD printed in tan

miker out

Shaking head... LOL

Rich

Wow!!!

Miker, with all the mystery behind your matches I'm supprised you revealed the COF.
By the way, great job and THANK YOU!

Your matches continue to get better and better.
Putting on such an event can be a thankless task, but I believe that I speak for all particants when I say we truely appreciate it.

Thanks again,

Phil

Miker, You forgot the COF where one of the shooters, who shall remain nameless drops his pants to his ankles and has to run (hop) to his rifle acquire his target and fire. All in 15 seconds.

Does anyone know what suppressor was on the 300 WinMag from Relay #1?

I was very impressed with it's performance and would like to learn more about it.

My favorites were the sniper hide shot, zig zag mover, face mover, angle mover, heartbreaker, 300 & 500y popups, 800Y CBS, running mover, and the head shots at 800/900/1000.

The work that had to go into the planning, preparation and execution of this match must have been unbelievable.

Thanks again Miker.

--Fargo007

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dr. Phil</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone know what suppressor was on the 300 WinMag from Relay #1?

I was very impressed with it's performance and would like to learn more about it.</div></div>

That was on Darin's GAP 300WM and it was an SRT Shadow XL can. They do work great.

good shooting all I had a real good time, and I think Mikr made it fun with gettin rid of that 800 yard sprinter lol. Good shooting Rob. I'm still hunting for that first place next time. CougerHunter out

OK, It's been almost a week now, NEW ideas from you ,What DO YOU want to see more of , or less of, I already have some new ones ??????????????????????????????miker

I know I want to see less of: Tony running around with his pants around his ankles, on firing line!!!

More stages with multiple targets at different ranges, I like that...
Also just wanted to make a plug the #3 spot was taken by Mike E
shooting a .260 built by Jake M of ON TARGET GUNSHOP INC., Frackville PA (570) 874 2145, I think it was the only shot in the black dot at 1000 yards and his 8, 9 and 1000 yd spotter groups were outstanding....

We are currently updating our website, we specialize in tactical and precision firearms, including 6.5grendals...

Thanks again Miker...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: miker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OK, It's been almost a week now, NEW ideas from you ,What DO YOU want to see more of , or less of, I already have some new ones ??????????????????????????????miker

I know I want to see less of: Tony running around with his pants around his ankles, on firing line!!! </div></div>

.....heard someone asking if he had a tax stamp for that thing.

I don't know that I'd like a whole lot to change. It was a lot of fun, and surprisingly way better than last year's.

Perhaps some of the more difficult shots we had (buddy supported, NRA prone) could be done on reduced size b27-style targets with scoring rings instead of the 1-MOA dot.

Keep ALL the movers, zigzags, popups, UKD run/hide shots, etc. Those to me were the crown jewels of the match, and are a real good test of skill.

Just throwing it out there - How about a 50Y "pirate shot" where the pit guys roll the targets gently up and down.... possibly a 8" round balloon?

Secret but written instructions for the 1st pit crew. Seal them up in envelopes, mark them with some letters and tell us on the radio which one to open. Inside, we find precise instructions on how the stage is to be pitted. Put the envelopes in custody of one person in the relay.

I missed not knowing who I was pulling targets for, and being able to keep some notes on the score sheet for that guy. It really helps, both for newer and experienced shooters.

--Fargo007

Could somebody PM me the contact information necessary to join Reade Range? TIA.

Hey guys had a long week and did a 1000 mile road trip round trip in less then 24 hrs so i have been busy.

Big Thanks to Miker Job well done as always buddy keep up the good work and we cant wait to see what happens in august.

Great Shooting Rob you were on fire. None the less great job to everyone there was alot of great shooting going on and I know everyone learned from what they did last weekend thats the key to get better.

I had a great time seeing my old friends and making plenty of new ones. I cant wait to do it again real soon.

As for the Data books we are just waiting for the rest of the product to get here before we open up. I want this doen right from the start.

I would say by Friday the 15th the site will be up and running and we should be ready to take your orders.

I will post the COF up in next day if someone doesnt beat me to it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nick K</div><div class="ubbcode-body">More stages with multiple targets at different ranges, I like that...
Also just wanted to make a plug the #3 spot was taken by Mike E
shooting a .260 built by Jake M of ON TARGET GUNSHOP INC., Frackville PA (570) 874 2145, I think it was the only shot in the black dot at 1000 yards and his 8, 9 and 1000 yd spotter groups were outstanding....

We are currently updating our website, we specialize in tactical and precision firearms, including 6.5grendals...

Thanks again Miker... </div></div>

Having pulled Mike E's targets in the pits, I can vouch for that. I thought he had a real good chance at 1st place. Made it fun to watch.

Miker, as for stuff I liked, pop ups, the jungle run, movers, I still like the barricades, and the day two stuff. I like the whole match and I'm just glad to have the opportunity to shoot, so I really can't think of anything I didn't like.