• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

READE RANGE"SPRING"SNIPERS CHALLENGE 2011

miker

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 4, 2002
Emporium,Pa
Shooter/sponsors- Please PM me here for discounts or placement.

WHEN: April.9 & 10, 2011

WHERE: READE RANGE. 1257 Wipper Rd. Allemans, Pa.

ENTRY FEE: $95.00 Money orders only, Increace is for rifle build for prize table
No group checks
SEND MONEY TO: Mike Rodich 762 Sizerville Rd. Emporium, Pa. 15834

Open to first 32 applications recieved

Will start to take on Feb. 1st, NOT before.

STARTING TIME: Be on range by 7:15 - 7:30 latest
7:30 SAFETY BRIEFFING
8:00 start of match

DIRECTIONS: On range website: www.readerange.org

Camping on range is free, tent or campers, no hook ups

Friday before match weekend is open to zero rifles.

RULES: ALL RANGE RULES WILL BE FOLLOWED !!

We will look at this as if you are a sniper,and you will bring whatever you think you will need to complete your mission.
NO GOING BACK TO YOUR VEHICLE FOR ANY REASON. !!

NO 50 CALS.

Re: READE RANGE"SPRING"SNIPERS CHALLENGE 2011

Miker,
Funds on the way 1/31.
Lets hope for no sleet/snow this time.

Sam

Miker:

I'm driving up to your house and will drop my money order off on 2-1-2011. I'll be the crazy looking bastard in the Tacoma parked in your front yard at 12:01 AM.

Looking forward to a great match!

Steve L.

Lost out in getting in last time, consider me in for 2 people, will have funds there for the 1st. Please send me a message if needed sooner, can send immediately.

I'm in. I just got orders to Kodiak AK so I'm going to hit every decent comp I can between now and June.

Im im will send funds soon

rich

Team Coast Guard is in for our last one till 2014. Me and Josh are going to Kodiak Alaska to teach the great white North. Sam, you and your son come up to do some hunting. Tom

I'm in with three others guys, we're gonna drive up and knock on your door too!!
laugh.gif

CM

I'll be there!
Always a good time and I look forward to catching up with some old friends.

Now I just have to finish Moly Resin coating my barreled action and get my rifle put back together...

I am in as well. Steve if you are serious about making a person delivery to mike maybe you can forward mine on to him as well

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GOT M107</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Team Coast Guard is in for our last one till 2014. Me and Josh are going to Kodiak Alaska to teach the great white North. Sam, you and your son come up to do some hunting. Tom </div></div>

Tom/Harelip-1,

I mentioned an AK hunt to Mini Sam and his jaw hit the floor! I'll hear about this from now to eternity.
See you in April.

Harelip-2

Team ACE is in. Looking forward to getting back up to Penn. and seeing some friends.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: edgewater</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Team ACE is in. Looking forward to getting back up to Penn. and seeing some friends. </div></div>
I need to send you a copy of a photo my wife took the other day.
My 2 year old daughter is mystically drawn to the ACE Tactical T-Shirt you guys hooked me up with.
She is always trying to put it on.
Doesn't work out too well for her though...
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dr. Phil</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: edgewater</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Team ACE is in. Looking forward to getting back up to Penn. and seeing some friends. </div></div>
I need to send you a copy of a photo my wife took the other day.
My 2 year old daughter is mystically drawn to the ACE Tactical T-Shirt you guys hooked me up with.
She is always trying to put it on.
Doesn't work out too well for her though...
smile.gif

</div></div>
Phil, looking forward to catching up with you. Missed you last fall. We'll need to try to get together at team shoot this spring at either our range or yours.

Count me in, looking forward to giving this a try.

Mark Williams
Old Lodge Armory

Looking forward to another one. Should have a few of the Jersey contingent in tow.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looking forward to another one. Should have a few of the Jersey contingent in tow. </div></div>
They still alow citizens to have bullets in NJ?
wink.gif

Looking forward to seeing you all.
ASC Warm up?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dr. Phil</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They still alow citizens to have bullets in NJ?
wink.gif
</div></div>
They make us keep them in Pennsylvania.

Any idea of what the round count is going to be for the match. I'm just wondering if I need to do some more reloading......
wink.gif

The better question is who is in the match?

Rich

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SSG3K</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The better question is who is in the match?

Rich </div></div>

I'm having some wishful thinking.....
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dr. Phil</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rumor has it that the roster filled up in record time.
I believe some folks got their feelings hurt... </div></div>

"There's no crying in baseball" Tom Hanks.....

To all,The answer is "yes " to both questions. The match is full,and peoples feelings are hurt. I tryed to be fair . It filled up in one day, my mail box was stuffed, some came express, some reg. snail mail.

Well, The list.

1] Richard Jones
2] David Ostrowske
3] David Choma
4] Mike Fiesta
5] Mark Williams
6] Jamie Dodson
7] Mike Erb
8] Shane Graziosi
9] Nick K
10] Nick Painter
11] Tom Pooley
12] Hugo Herold
13] Jeff Oram
14] Gene Moore
15] Lance Belostock
16] Steve Lyncha
17] Sam Miller
18] Josh Kunz
19] Fred Wissing
20] DHS
21] DHS
22] DHS
23] Jake Mogish
24] Kris Davinsizer
25] Rich Grinn
26] Aaron Mandjack
27] Jim Rosasco
28] Eric Underriner
29] Sean Little
30] Greg Bartram
31] Ed Stackel
32] Jon Boney

All cancellations, and replacements will go through me, and from the waiting list only.

Waiting List:

1] 7] DAVID MOYSEY
2]
3]
4] Mike Heriot
5] Craig Buckland
6] Chris Jep

Amazing how some of the same names always seem to make it in this match.

And trust me, by no means are my feelings hurt, just in case someone thinks that.

But it is BS on how things are done.

Just m2c.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hope to see the camping crew!!!!

Hope it is a touch warmer than last year.

Nick </div></div>

Nick,
As long as the defending champ brings the miracle tipi we're going to make it regardless of the snow/sleet/wind.
See you in April.

Dad of Mini

Having missed the spring 2010 match, yeah, it sucks to not make the list. Especially when you're one of the regular names on the list.

not sure how Mike could do it any better. I'm just glad i got in.

looking forward to a great match mike.

I am happy that I made the list this time but I have had my entrance fee sent back to me as well. When you have such a popular event I would guess it is very difficult to determine the most appropriate way of choosing who make it in.

I made it and my name has never made it on anyone's list. Luck of the draw I guess. Look forward to meeting everyone.

Mark

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Seuss</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As long as the defending champ brings the miracle tipi we're going to make it regardless of the snow/sleet/wind.</div></div>
Sorry Sam, I don't own a tipi.
wink.gif

Oh, you meant the fall match champ...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dr. Phil</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Seuss</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As long as the defending champ brings the miracle tipi we're going to make it regardless of the snow/sleet/wind.</div></div>
wink.gif
</div></div>

I got a picture of Mike handing you that trophy that says you do have a Tipi!! ROFL
grin.gif

What kind of rig or pack do I need for this match? This will be my first sniper match. I have a good idea of what kit to bring, but I don't want to go over board either...... I don't have a Tacticool set of web gear, or pack. Any of you have a little advice for the FNG?

Hugo

1. rifle with ammo and log book
2. Shooting skills
3. Sense of humor
4. Pack of some sort to carry water and a place to stash any clothing you might need (rain gear, etc.).

You'll have to carry it with you all day. There are a few obstacles on the course that you will need to negotiate.

Sometimes less is more.

Hahaha, got all that.
wink.gif
I was just wondering how large of a bag to use for all my crap..... I may just use the day bag I use while hunting. I don't feel like spending $200 on a Gunslinger, or elaborate set of web gear......

Thanx,
Hugo

I have gotten through the match with just a small hunting pack. It does not work at good as some of the sniper vest options that I am looking at but it got me through the match

Traditionally the rules for this match have been "If you carry it you can use it."
(With the intermittent banning of Laser Range Finders.)

With that said, here is the load out that I have used over the years at Reade:
- Small pack capable of carrying a hydration system (No larger than a three day pack)
- Water Bladder + Propel
- Lunch and snacks (I just carry one MRE and roll with it)
- Rear Bag
- Small Tripod
- Magazines
- Ammo (At least 20 rounds more than you think you need for that day)
- Rifle
- Sling
- Bipod
- Dope Kit (Each operator has a setup that they favor)
- Kestrel 4500NV + extra set of batteries
- Leica 1200 SCAN Laser Range Finder (Not allowed on this match)
- Otis Kit (In case of a barrel obstruction or a broken shell)
- Sunscreen & Chapstick
- Ear & Eye Pro
- A couple Band Aids
- A small "ShamWow"

Quality footwear and performance clothing such as UnderArmour will also make for a much more comfortable day.

I'm sure others will have their opinions, but this is what I feel comfortable with.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dr. Phil</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Seuss</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As long as the defending champ brings the miracle tipi we're going to make it regardless of the snow/sleet/wind.</div></div>
wink.gif
</div></div>

I got a picture of Mike handing you that trophy that says you do have a Tipi!! ROFL
grin.gif
</div></div>
LOL!!!
laugh.gif

If you are looking for a good cheap pack, check out the MOLLE gear on cheaper than dirt web site. Wouldn't hold up in combat conditions but for taking to the range they have a wide variety that will suit your budget and needs.

Thanx for the heads up Dr. Phil. I was planning on packing:

Rifle
Bi-Pod
Sling
200-250 Rounds
3 10 Round Mags
Data Book, Mil-Dot Master, and PDA
Brunton ADC Pro Weather Station
Bushnell Yardage Pro 800 (One day I'll spend the coin on a Leica)
Eye and Ear Protection
Bore Snake
Small First Aid Kit
Shop Towel
Light Weight Rain Gear (if called for)

I totally forgot about food, which would have sucked! My day bag has a camelback bladder, so drink is covered. I'm going to take your advice and add sun screen, and chap stick to my bag.

Hugo