• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

READE RANGE "SUMMER" SNIPER CHALLENGE ,RESULTS

miker

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 4, 2002
Emporium,Pa
TO ALL: Weather was rainy with spotty sun both days,Only had to cease fire one time for lighting, We were wet and dry all weekend. BUT we had fun!!!!!

I must thank all the shooters for stepping in and helping out running the pitts and scoring. THANK YOU

Next I have to thank our sponsors for their gifts to the prize table.

ON TARGET GUN SHOP 6.5 grendel AR upper
BLACK HAT TRAINING Corps. Training cert
OLD LODGE ARMORY cert.
American Rifle Co. Scope rings
Action Target Co. Metal target
L8N Tactical Spotting scope cover

Sorry but I don't have name for bipods and T shirts, PLEASE someone chime in and put their name up

OK, The results:

1] Dave Preston 677
2] Dave Ostrowske 667
3] Adam Whitecotton 592
4] Josh Kunz 509
5] Sam Miller 481

6] Fred Wissing 462
7] Jamie Dodson 451
8] Clark Kennedy 443
9] Hugo Herold 437
10]Jon Lester 427
11]Mini Miller 425
12]Eric Yingling 388
13]Brad Lester 386
14]Mike Erb 382
15]Steve Lyncha 359
16]Kris Davensizer 351
17]Aaron Mandjack 346
18]Shea Riley 345
19]Dave Choma 329
20]Lance Belostock 313
21]Greg Bartram 310
22]Kyle Davinsizer 298
23]Sang N. 286
24]Wayde Bainter 270
25]Chris Jep 238
26]Mike Heriot 232

COF:

Day one.

# 1 CBS 1000yds
# 2 1000yd 3 & 3 3 center mass w/ spotters then 3 head shots for score
# 3 One shot for "closest to center"
# 4 5 shots at gong rack 600 yds largest to smallest
# 5 "jungle run" 5 shots 4min time limit after running through woods
# 6 Loophole movers
# 7 ladder shot
# 8 " HEARTBREAKER " 600yds 10 shots 2 1/2 mins. ammo 20 ft behind
# 9 metal gong starter. Has runner and walkers
# 10 300yd pop ups
# 11 CANCELLED
# 12 200yd old school prone

Day two:

# 1 600yd CBS mover
# 2 600yd "moving chaos" Must hit gongs to move to movers
# 3 700yd 3 & 3
# 4 700yd stresser
# 5 200yd run
# 6 rope climb
# 7 300yd barricades
# 8 " HOSTAGE RESCUE CARRY DUMMY "

END

Please post your pictures

miker out

Re: READE RANGE "SUMMER" SNIPER CHALLENGE ,RESULTS

I'd like to thank Miker for putting on a great match. The weather may have not been the best, but it was well worth the experience. Miker, if you do plan on having another in the fall, count me in!

I'd also like to thank Dave for the Bi-Pod I won in the drawing.

To all the shooters..... I don't think I could have had a better time.

Here is a link to the pics I took: http://s969.photobucket.com/albums/ae175/hugo121175/Reade%20Summer%20Sniper%202011/

For some reason they got posted in reverse.......

And Yes.... I did cut and paste this from my other post....
laugh.gif

Miker

Thanks for a challenging COF... This was my first time shooting movers, I got a couple of them but not sure what I did right...lol
Not sure how I feel about shooting paper with little to no feed back. If it wasn't for my opposite in the butts taking notes I never would have know my dope was off and day two would have been like day one.(Thanks #13)

Nice to see some shooters I haven't seen in a while and meet some new ones.

Congrats to Dave for the win and the other Dave for making it a close race
Thanks to All the sponsors for your generosity and one you missed Short Action Customs (Mark I'll be in touch)_

I will take the blame for putting up the bipods on the prize table.

If any of you are interested in a pretty good bipod for your hunting rifles or trainers they can be found in the group buy link.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2015714&page=1

Thanks to all for the great time! Now that I have everything dry and oiled Im ready to go again. Just say when.

Scores by shooter and stage:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsh...amp;output=html

I will get the column heading stage descriptors put in today.

Thanks to Greg for these pictures. They are his, I am just hosting them on the bhtcorps.com site.

I was pleased to see that Miker had worked some of the shooter's suggestions into the CoF. He came up with some great stages in May, and they got even better. Nice work brother.

Great to meet new people from the hide here.

The match was a great mix of long range work, movers, unorthodox shooting positions and physical stress. It even included a freakin' obstacle course!

I chose to shoot a 300 win mag this time. I underestimated the challenge of driving a big gun in very fast scenarios like the ones we had in this match. I had shot it at long range quite a bit, but had not really driven it hard with ten rounds of rapid bolt under short time, over and over again. It takes a lot more concentration and emphasis on position. It should have been apparent to me - if you're going quite big, make sure you go quite ready. I will shoot it again, but there are things I will do differently.

--Fargo007

Page with all Greg's pics for download:

http://bhtcorps.com/2011readesummer/

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

IMG_1204.JPG

IMG_1205.JPG

IMG_1206.JPG

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

I'll break this up into more posts so that they all show.

Thanks for the pics, Greg and thanks for hosting them Freddy.

IMG_1207.JPG

IMG_1208.JPG

IMG_1209.JPG

IMG_1210.JPG

IMG_1211.JPG

Hey Guys- Looks like you had a GREAT time! Sorry I missed it.

Eric

Miker- thanks again for a fantastic time, your time and effort in this match show through every time, Mini/Sam Jr and I had a great time participating, hanging out and downing burgers, our hats are off to you.

Congrats to Dave P and Dave O on the amazing shooting display, watching this match in "real time" (thanks to Freddy!) was a hoot, this match came down to the last 3 shots fired.

A special thanks to the Lester family for agreeing to include the Reade match in their family vaca, Jon and Brad, you're both great folk, and we consider ourselves fortunate to call you friends.

We both enjoyed the company of the rest of the field, you guys are true gentlemen. A special thank you to our relay 2 comptetitors, Mike E, Steve L, Jon and Brad, Freddy, etc etc etc. Look forward to pulling triggers w you again.

Lastly, a huge thank you to On Target for the donation of the 6.5 Grendel upper (Mary Lester drew my name and rocks big time!).
Mini/Sam Jr has already claimed the upper and I will give fair warning to the VA deer herd this fall, he's coming for you hard.

All the best to everyone!!

Sam and Mini

First off, I want to thank Miker for the challenging and fun course of fire. This was my 3rd Reade match, and the best one I've been to.

Next I want to congratulate Dave, for shooting a very good match..

Adam, Josh and Sam. Congrats to you guys as well. It was a good weekend. Did any of you notice that it rained? It must have, all my gear was wet.

Thanks to all the sponsors too.

Can't wait for the next one.

Dave.O.

Great match Mike. I also have to say that this was, my favorite match you have held that I have been a part of. You are definitely doing something right. Moving chaos was a great addition as well as sticking us on the 700 yard line.

Dave P you shot a great match as well as Dave O. Maybe next time my gear won’t fail so I can put some extra pressure on you.

So many Daves at this match but Dave thanks for the sponsoring the bipod, as soon as I won it I knew right where it could get used.

Fred and Mike (BHTC) I also appreciate the being the winner of your training session. I point squeeze and hope when it comes to the movers so your mover class will come in handy.

I hope see all of you again at the next match.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pockets9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great match Mike. I also have to say that this was, my favorite match you have held that I have been a part of. You are definitely doing something right. Moving chaos was a great addition as well as sticking us on the 700 yard line.

</div></div>

I totally agree. Shooters have been talking, and Miker has been paying attention. My favorites were the hill climb, the steel-mover-chaos, jungle run, and the way he cleverly allowed a peek at where you were hitting, but quietly stuffed it inside a stage.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pockets9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Fred and Mike (BHTC) I also appreciate the being the winner of your training session. I point squeeze and hope when it comes to the movers so your mover class will come in handy.

I hope see all of you again at the next match.
</div></div>

You got it. I will try and get a mover/holdover clinic scheduled before EOY.

--Fargo007

Thanks Miker for the great time! I know it takes time to set this up and put it all together. It is appreciated and can't wait to come back in the fall.

Thank you to the sponsors for their support and generosity.

Eric we missed you there, come play in the fall!

Made some new friend and finally did not be blasted over and over by a muzzle brake!
laugh.gif
Although Wade you woke me up a few times but it was mild...

Thanks again!

-Aaron

Thanks Mike for another great match. Really enjoyed it and as always come away learning something new. Congrats to Dave P - great shooting. And good shooting Dave O. Look forward to seeing you all again.

Again Thanks Mike,

JamieD

AI Stocks and Accessories

To All : Gear is dried and put away, Yes Dave it rained !!!!Was a good time for me too,Just the look on some of your faces, I do remember someone while running the "heartbreaker" yell "I hate you " , All in fun, Right Jamie !!!

Well, Have been thinking of COF for Oct. Will be posting opening next couple weeks.

Hope to see everyone again, and bring a friend

miker out