• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Reading OCW test results

WildBill3/75

Sergeant
Banned !
Minuteman
May 21, 2012
Virginia
Here are the results of my OCW test today. I'm thinking around 28gr looks like the sweet spot but would like to hear what others using this method think.
Top left is 27.5 top right 27.8
Bottom left 28.1 bottom right 28.3
Shot in a round robin fashion.

Shooting 123gr Amax's out of my 20" 1/8twist lilja barreled Grendel using 8208 XBR.

Attachments

• OCW.jpg
    OCW.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 16
How much more is needed? I previously shot 3 round groups with 27.2-28.4 With similar results. 27.2 looks like 27.5 and 28.4 was giving me an opened up group and just starting to flatten primers. So I loaded up this batch with 27.5-28.3

How much more is needed? Depends lol. Personally, I like to shoot enough on the same day, from the same loading session, to find 2 sweet spots. The distance (ie, powder charge difference) between them tends to confirm findings.

And remember, we are not privy to past groups shot.

Having said that, and eyeballing the center of the groups (rather than having it plotted by, say, Ontarget), it looks like the two middle weights do in fact have the same group POI.