• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Reading PA Tactical Carbine Shoot 28 April 2012

M25BeastShooter

Private
Minuteman
Jan 2, 2010
Pennsylvania
This is the first Tactical Carbine/Pistol shoot held by University Rifle Club in Exeter PA. It will be shot using primarily timed exposure type targets ie 6 seconds up then down hits vs misses. The cost will be $20.00 food will be provided at the club. The course of fire requires min 70 rds rifle. 10 rds pistol

Prizes range from a red dot scope, pistol ammo, Spec Ops gift certificate and more.

There are two squading times 8:00 and 12:00 so you won't have to wait around all day.

TO preregister go to snipr.com/schoffers

General rules are tactical gear strong side holster(no cross draw or shoulder rigs) center fire only

The Club is located at 550 Schoffers Road, Reading PA 19606
GPS (40.3165, -75.832872)

Hope to see some of you out there

Re: Reading PA Tactical Carbine Shoot 28 April 2012

Is this precision carbine or run and gun? Should I have a bipod on my AR or will it be moving down range and engaging targets? What type of targets, steel, paper or both?

Great to see a new match program rising up. If that wasn't the day of my youngest daughter's first communion, I would be attending this.

--Fargo007

I live just up the road, but don't shoot carbine. If I did shoot carbine, I'd be there....
wink.gif

Hugo

The match will be run with timed target presentations paper in the pits. For example at the 300 yard line the shooter will load and make ready. The target or targets will appear for a specific (and challenging) time the presentaions will be from 2-3 single standing targets to 1-2 movers. This is based more on the military type ranges I have shot on timed exposures with a required hit#. Due to the new concept to the club's older members the movement between stages will be controlled to address their safety concerns(haopefully later we will progress pass this) There will be a pistol/carbine portion based on CQB, SBU prone, firing from baracades, ranges from 300 to 30 yards(excluding the CQB) We have sufficient prizes to allow for awards in all the stages.

All targets are paper or reactive BUT NO STEEL

Lunch/food will be provided by the club no charge

Just signed up. Should be fun....

Looks like a very nice range... if i didn't already have an event that day I would be there.

Will be on the lookout for more in the future.