• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Real Cops Carry Revolvers

kraigWY

CMP GSM MI
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2006
Wyoming
This Model 28 made in 1972 (Ser # 96xxx)and sold to the Anchorage Police Dept. Issued to me in 1974. The dept let me keep it when I retired in 1994.

Model%2028.JPG

Re: Real Cops Carry Revolvers

I carry a revolver every day.

But only as a backup gun.

Same here. Had a SW Mod 64 as a throwdown, er, backup.
laugh.gif

Nice pistola Kraig.

I still have my Dad's S&W Model 19 made in the early '60's and his Colt Trooper MKIII made in the late '50's. Times have definitely changed. When I went through the academy, I was issued the "new" Glock 19 and carried a S&W Model 49 Bodyguard as backup but I recently switched to a much lighter S&W 340PD for CCW.

Nice pic.

My smiths
model 37 airweight 2"
model 36 2"
model 15 2"
model 629 4"

the red headed stepchild
ruger blackhawk .357 4 3/4"

the little one
freedom arms mini revolver .22 magnum 2"

When I started in 89 I was issued a 4" stainless Security Six. Less than a year later I had to turn it in for a 9mm; I wish I'd bought the Ruger.
Now there's only 3 of us left that carried revolvers on duty.

(Well, like Phylodog, I've got a revolver on me as a back-up.)

Nice jacket as well! Those things take an entire career to break in properly. Still working on mine.

We have a handful of guys that carry revolvers for their primary duty weapon at my agency.

Funny when people talk about the advantage of semi-autos having greater round capacity. You can't dispute the power of a .357
grin.gif

when my dad started in 1966 he carried a 6 inch model 28 then in 69 he went to a Browning Hi Power and finally a Colt Govt Model in 1974. When he retired in 93 he was the absolute last to switch to the P229s the dept had adopted

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: A side</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Funny when people talk about the advantage of semi-autos having greater round capacity. You can't dispute the power of a .357
grin.gif

</div></div>

I don't think it's really the capacity, but the ability to reload fast that makes autos more attractive.

There are plenty of auto cartridges with the power of the majority of .357 carry ammo, as well, and either way, that's not really a factor in whether it'll stop the guy you're fighting with.

My plainclothes duty pistol is a 340PD. It's an attention getter with magnum loads.