• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

REAL Firearm Sounds Project!

Heronion

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 22, 2010
Houghton, Michigan
Hello gents! First off, I need to inform you that I contacted Mr. Galli (Lowlight, owner) and got the go-ahead to post this here.

With that said, I have a question for you all: how many times...HOW MANY TIMES, have you watched a film, video, seen a video game or played one where the sound of the gunshots (especially suppressed) and weapon actions in general were, well, just absolutely awful? I have countless times and it drives me up the walls and can really ruin the immersiveness of a movie. Well, some friends and I have decided to put a stop to this malpractice, especially for the poor folks like myself. We have launched a Kickstarter project, which, if funded, will allow us to record high-fidelity sound effects of basically every action you can imagine a weapon doing (the weapons we have access to, that is).

Below is our project and title video. I think it's neat video, it showcases a Walther PPQ and a GEMTECH Multimount rather nicely and you can hear a very high-quality recording of that setup suppressed as well as listen to an Argentinian friend of mine try to speak English. And yes, I know that the guy in the video is not being very operator-worthy, it's just for showcasing (don't hurt me please). So...Check it out, have a watch, cuss me out, laugh at me, whatever. Oh, and if you've got a buck to spare, donate! Thank you all. *exit whoring oneself for money on the internet*

Brian

VIDEO: https://d2pq0u4uni88oo.cloudfront.net/projects/544792/video-310223-h264_high.mp4

And here's the project page!

The Firearm Sound Library by Ben Jaszczak ? Kickstarter

Cheers!

Last edited:
Check out the bank robbery shootout scene in the movie Heat, the producers were all set to overlay a "gunfire" soundtrack when they realized the actual audio recordings from the filming (blanks but better than canned gunfire) were too good not to use. The echoes between the buildings in downtown LA were impressive.

Dirty, that is one of my favourite films. I will never forget that scene. You can tell...the real deal is tough to fake. Even with blanks as you say, it is so much better than the "canned" crap.