• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Real or fake ?( Magpul m2 sling )

vietboy1st

Private
Minuteman
Mar 25, 2010
Boston, Mass
I can't believe it. How do you feel when you paid $40 for a $15 fake magpul m2 sling ?

MS2Sling.jpg

IMG_0995.jpg

Bq2Kw-B2kKGrHqIH-DgEvDjtgeBLKp8Oq_1.jpg

Pictures above are fake magpul M2 sling

Re: Real or fake ?( Magpul m2 sling )

The black one is a damn good fake. Green, well, Magpul doesn't make a green MS2 so that's a dead giveaway. FDE is too hard to tell in pics due to color variation due to lighting.

Fake or not, that sling is a piece of cake to make. And what makes the real one better than the fake? The logo?

I have a real one sitting beside me now and the stitching isn't even bar tacked. Not that the sling really requires it, but if we are talking the utmost quality, it would be bar tacked. Not to mention that the webbing is standard 1" tubular climbing webbing. The way the real ones are stitched aren't rated to a high weight bearing load. Bar tack it and it is good for upwards of 4000 lbs (not that it is needed or required).

I'll make my own slings (bar tacked) for now on
wink.gif

Those look allot like the original. On the "no green" from Magpul...well there isn't an OD green one available but I did get one factory direct that they called "desert" and it looks like an ACU green color....they said it was a bad color run.