• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Real Remington M24's for $3500 w/optics

Re: Real Remington M24's for $3500 w/optics

Any know if this is legit? I put an email into Remington Defense to find out. Man, I hope so!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Parga</div><div class="ubbcode-body">but where is the link to purchasing raffle tickets?
</div></div>

Reading is fundamental ;]

This is awesome. If Im reading correctly, the entire SWS is included, drop case and optics, new 5R barrel, etc.

Might I recomend that anyone interested in this also look at the other 2 threads on the subject. One is in this section and was started by rsilvers and the other one is in the Bear Pit.

The other flyer states that they are going to do the drawing on 20 Jan 12, but I don't see where you can buy the tickets. Maybe Mahk knows.
smile.gif

The tickets for the raffle are being sold at the SHOT Show in Las Vegas.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lockedandloaded</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The tickets for the raffle are being sold at the SHOT Show in Las Vegas. </div></div>

+1

"Contest prize will be awarded at 5:00PM EST (2:00PM PST) on 20 Jan 2012 in Las Vegas, NV."

The article is all fucked up and chock full of misinformation. The actual release states that there is ONE rifle being raffled at the shot show, not 2000 rifles. "less than 2000 rifles are for sale.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There will be less than 2,000 of these systems offered for sale. This raffle is for the very first system of this production run.</div></div>

I called Remington customer service today and they had no idea what I was talking about.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gp52555</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I called Remington customer service today and they had no idea what I was talking about.

</div></div>

Why would you think that Remington customer service would have any clue about the army selling its own inventory items?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jtb33</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gp52555</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I called Remington customer service today and they had no idea what I was talking about.

</div></div>

Why would you think that Remington customer service would have any clue about the army selling its own inventory items? </div></div>
If you follow the links in the OP (remingtondefense.com) it takes you to the remington arms web site.

tickets for the ONE m24 are being sold at the SHOT show. the remaining less that 2000 are being sold by priority. from what can read they are are service rifles that are getting new milspec barrel, action, and trigger. the rest of the rifle will be as is. information on actually buying these will be posted on

http://www.remingtonmilitary.com/

mid january, so pretty soon. they also go on to say that these packages are being rebuilt on the same line that they are making the XM2010 so looking like a 9 month turn around. it is going to be a full package. reworked rifle, Leupold-Stevens M3 Ultra fixed at 10X with a range-finding mil-dot reticle and bullet drop compensator, case, and all the other stuff that comes with them.

http://www.snipershide.com/2012/01/remin...-weapon-system/

The entries are open to only active duty Army to start.

I'm pretty sure this is legit, but I think the rifles are currently only available to US Armed Forces (active and retired) and paramilitary men and women. I could easily be wrong, though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TenZero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The entries are open to only active duty Army to start.
</div></div>

Where does it say that?

I see this:
"The priority of sale is as follows;
1. Military or former military personnel holding a sniper school diploma."

Remington will initially limit sales of these complete systems to three distinct groups prioritized in the order below:

1. Military Snipers – Any current or former U.S. military sniper. All priority purchasers must provide a photocopy of a graduation certificate from a certified U.S. military sniper school (e.g. U.S. Army Sniper School, Special Operations Target Interdiction Course, etc). This group is not required to have a current U.S. military affiliation.

2. Active Duty, National Guard, and Reserve Military Personnel – Any member of any service currently serving in the U.S. military. Must provide proof of military eligibility. Inactive Ready Reserve members are not eligible for a purchase in 2012.

3. Retired Military Personnel – Any retired military member of any service holding a retiree identification card, whether through time in service or medical retirement.

Whatever hapened with this sale of the rebuilt M24's, is it happening or was it cancelled? I haven't heard reports of anything being delivered.

DaveO

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DP425</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TenZero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The entries are open to only active duty Army to start.
</div></div>

Where does it say that?

I see this:
"The priority of sale is as follows;
1. Military or former military personnel holding a sniper school diploma." </div></div>

you think retirees would get the same respect if not more than active duty. some PFC who's been in for 6 months getting more respect than a someone who did 20+ years is just stupid.

I talked to a Remington sales rep a few days ago and they told me it could be up to 8-12 weeks before mine ships. That's after a placed my order in march. Lots of waiting to be done for this rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scout425</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I talked to a Remington sales rep a few days ago and they told me it could be up to 8-12 weeks before mine ships. That's after a placed my order in march. Lots of waiting to be done for this rifle. </div></div>

Thanks for the report, that is the first one I have heard. You must be in Category 1.

That is a long wait, but hopefully it will be worth the wait.

DaveO

Yea, I got on cat 1, but cat 2 is open as well. I'm hoping to get it in time for the opening of deer season here in GA.