• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Re: real?

That is fake! I called Leupold to verify authenticity of my scope and the rep told me theserial number that reads like that is fake...it was the exact number that rep gave me on that egay pic.

very fake, to top it all ive NEVER seen a 3.5-10x50... only 40mm

I asked on egay if that is genuine, will see what the response is and inform the seller of his misguided ways if need be

This is a Chi-Com knock off. There are several asian companies selling essentially the same setup. Some with M1 knobs others with M3 The fact that there is a pic showing this as a Leupold Mark 4 is sad - clearly a case of trying to pass off a conterfeit product. I purchased a Chinese scope for my 10/22 from an asain company. They were not trying to market their product as anything other than what it was. No fake logos. Mine was $70 including shipping and was sold on a website catering to airsoft folks. Mine works well on my 10/22 and the glass is surprisingly clear. I learned from other forums not to attempt to try and remove the knobs to reset because the screws are stripped.

IMHO if a company is committing fraud by trying to sell something counterfeit they should be prosecuted. If a Chinese company wants to enter the riflescope market and produce a product under their own name at a lower price point, fine, just let the buyer beware. Often times you get what you pay for. It's like any other market that matures - other folks want to try and cash in at lower price points with inferior products. Here's a site from an asian company that markets riflescopes.

http://www.scvector.biz/english/index.asp

The auction doesn't seem to state it is a Leupold. And the sellers text under the pics is rather amusing.
"100% Waterproof/Fog-proof/Shockproof,1" Nitrogen filled tube gives you the best view through the scope"
followed by
"7.Please don't let it be wetted or drop into water. If it drops into water, please repair it by dissembling it as quickly as possible."

LOL< I had one of these!!! My bud fucked up and got one off a guy at a gun show, then gave it to me after he figured out what it was. He was embarrassed. I put it on a rifle a gave to the ex father in-law. Hope he misses every fukkin deer!

Thats not the first one I have seen on Egay, but that does not even look like a Mark IV. The ring has white writing on it, and since when do they say to take the scope apart if it gets wet. Glad someone asked about it before someone gets screwed.