• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Realistic Hostage Targets?

LoneWolfUSMC

Lt. Colonel
Minuteman
Does anyone have a link to some realistic photo type hostage targets? Something that would fit on 8.5x11 printer paper would be ideal. I am trying to stay as close to life sized as possible, but slightly reduced would not be a problem.

I have the Storm Tactical ones, but they are not quite what I am looking for.

Re: Realistic Hostage Targets?

We just take a digital camera and snap photos of a couple of our guys in various positions. Generally a 100%, 75%, 50% and 25% frontal exposure, a hostage taker overlapping the hostage side view and vice versa. Its hard to get a fullsize hostage taker/hostage profile on an 8.5x11, but we probably fit a 3/4 size on it.

I have some on the drive at work I can send, but that won't be till Tuesday.

You may want to look at People magazine or a woman's hairstyle magazine if the wife/girlfriend reads these. Often there are full page photos of faces that work good or smaller pictures for reduced distance training. Take a couple of them to paste together for target ID as well.

I also think this is good for desensitization of LEO's or Mil shooters to have real faces as targets rather than dots or silhouettes as well as having different angles of the photo that changes your POA.

Look up "Hostage Shooting Targets" on Yahoo images, and you get a few different companies that produce them.

The ones I have used are called "Belgian" targets, and work very well.

+1 for shoooting at real faces and desensitization. Our qual target has a woman's face as the hostage taker for that reason. Life size is nice too.
http://jpsnipertargets.com/Products.html
But it is a qual course, I would also be interested in some life sized hostage targets on smaller paper.

Tim8654 said it perfect. I use every magazine I can get. Dont be affraid to cut out pictures of kids and women also. To see the photos is color, in all angles and all ages is good training. To turn them into hostage targets, you just tape them together as close as you want.

Ray