• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Really frustrated with US Optics Zero Stop PLEASE HELP!!!

triplecelectric

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 30, 2009
Valencia, Ca.
I'm trying to adjust the zero stop and have looked all over including the videos but keep ending up with about 20 clicks below zero for the zero stop.

When I'm zeroed and turn the knob while holding the allen wrench it bottoms out and both the knob and the wrench start to turn clockwise.

PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP!!!!

It's on a 20 MOA Rail about 1.75" above the center of bore.

I'm presuming you have the EREK knob system. The erector assembly, controlled by the allen wrench can move independently of the elevation knob. Once you get your rough Zero using the allen wrench to adjust the erector, then loosen the two small cap screws to decouple the elevation knob from the erector assembly. Then you will be able to set the elevation knob wherever you wish, without affecting the erector assembly. Once you get the knob where you want, tighten the two small cap screws.

This topic comes up a couple times a month...... Search this forum and Youtube.....

Buddy it's got nothing to do with putting the knob on zero. It's got to do with zero stop being about 20 clicks below the rifle zero. I've searched all over the internet, this forum and youtube.

I'm trying to adjust the zero stop and have looked all over including the videos but keep ending up with about 20 clicks below zero for the zero stop.

When I'm zeroed and turn the knob while holding the allen wrench it bottoms out and both the knob and the wrench start to turn clockwise.

PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP!!!!

It's on a 20 MOA Rail about 1.75" above the center of bore.

Here's a great video from Mike @ CS Tactical

Cheers,

AvsFan;)

The CS tactical vid explains it very well, I just bore sighted it instead.

I always end up with the knob and wrench turning at the same time at the bottom then am 30 clicks above zero stop.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would call USO and ask for Jason. He is the man when it comes to setting these up. Also which USO are you using?

I copied these directions from another thread for you.

Originally Posted By: ssgtkyle

1. Turn your erek counterclockwise all the way till it stops
2. Turn your center screw counterclockwise until you meet resistance
3. Move your centerscrew clockwise while looking through the scope until you notice the reticle start to move then stop.
4. Turn your knob clockwise until it stops.

Now from here I think you didn't want any "down" travel so from here you should be good to go with maximum travel out of your scope. If you still have problems e-mail me at [email protected]. I get e-mails on my phone if your at the range give me a phone number and I will shoot you a call so we can get this squared away.

Jason

triplecelectric- give us a call and ask to speak with myself or Jason and we will walk you through it.
714-582-1956

I spoke with Arnold over at USO the other day and apparently I was doing everything right however I had run out of travel for the Zero Stop feature given that many of these scopes go on 30 and or 40 MOA rails. Since I live relatively close they offered to install a shim for me that would deal with the problem and allow my to get to the zero stop. Thanks USO for the great customer service. Will be making a trip down there and glad their close to get it straightened out.

This is the kind of service I'd like from all companies! It makes my passion for USO scopes to get confirmed once again.