• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Really Right Stuff Atlas Bipod Modification

SHLowlight

HMFIC Damage Controller
Staff member
Commercial Supporter
Jul 24, 2001
Colorado
Chekc this out from RRS

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FRRSSOAR%2Fvideos%2F707555466111494%2F&show_text=0&width=560" width="560" height="315" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

Just spent $1480 with RRS, looks like I will be spending more money lol

Have always loved RRS... since they started.

How about something that allows you to setup a spotter, such as a Vortex Razor 20-60x and somehow parallel witness a rangefinder such as a Sig 2400. ;)

Have always loved RRS... since they started.

How about something that allows you to setup a spotter, such as a Vortex Razor 20-60x and somehow parallel witness a rangefinder such as a Sig 2400. ;)

hk, I have already did that with what we have. Currently it isn't on the top of the list for the next products to be refined though. But yes with the use of a camera bar we can mount a spotter, an lrf and a rifle at the same time. Just starts looking kitchen sinky though.

I like the concept...may have to order one or two to play around with; I can see other uses as well...

Just need a stock with a full length Swiss rail now

Wonder how it does with recoil without a lug?

Last edited:
Can y'all post the video outside of face butt so I can see it.

Thanks!

hk, I have already did that with what we have. Currently it isn't on the top of the list for the next products to be refined though. But yes with the use of a camera bar we can mount a spotter, an lrf and a rifle at the same time. Just starts looking kitchen sinky though.

Any chance a pistol grip ball head like the manfrotto is in the works?

Just need a stock with a full length Swiss rail now

Wonder how it does with recoil without a lug?

Some clamps can/will shift. Really not an issue if you use the supplied safety stop screws on our plates. As soon as it hits the wall it basically has 2 recoil lugs. The twist knob clamps are probably capable of clamping the tightest, only dependent on how tight you can turn it.

I would buy the Atlas upgrade.
Maybe a couple of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At least this one is only $35 for full stainless, cnc...

I will be ordering one or two. I always thought there was no way I would spend that much on a tripod setup until I ran into a guy at the range that had an RRS tripod and shot off it. The fit and finish of everything is very nice as well.

This looks great. I will be ordering to go with my MPA full rat cut

Hey Guys, just opened up Pre-Order for the B&T Clamp Adapter. Check the link below. Should ship out all customer orders by the end of next week, definitely no later than 31 Aug for all current customer orders. On the link I have listed/coupled the 4 main clamps I would recommend with this so you guys do not have to search.

http://www.reallyrightstuff.com/B-and-T-Clamp-Adapter

Love it. Thumbs up.

Just need to figure out a way to run my Harris bipods on a clamp now.
Masterpiece Arms just put out a product like that (RAT Base with Harris Adapter), but it's thumbscrew only. Al said they had too many problems with their lever prototypes.

Masterpiece Arms just put out a product like that (RAT Base with Harris Adapter), but it's thumbscrew only. Al said they had too many problems with their lever prototypes.

This can be true. I have given multiple companies our standard for use with their rails so the movement is smooth, but if the bottom of their stock or chassis doesn't fit the spec and isn't reworked you will see issues with cuts in rifles and different clamps made by different companies. If people say they have a hard time getting the standard point them here.

http://www.reallyrightstuff.com/Patents

This can be true. I have given multiple companies our standard for use with their rails so the movement is smooth, but if the bottom of their stock or chassis doesn't fit the spec and isn't reworked you will see issues with cuts in rifles and different clamps made by different companies. If people say they have a hard time getting the standard point them here.

http://www.reallyrightstuff.com/Patents

They actually originally advertised the chassis cuts as RRS cuts. Not sure why they couldn't get a lever to work very well, guessing they couldn't make one strong enough to handle recoil at the price point they wanted but really not sure.

They actually originally advertised the chassis cuts as RRS cuts. Not sure why they couldn't get a lever to work very well, guessing they couldn't make one strong enough to handle recoil at the price point they wanted but really not sure.

I hear that. Under stronger recoil a clamp could walk a little, whether it is a lever or screw knob clamp style. You can definitely tighten the screw-knob style tighter to try and avoid that. The holding ability is very dependent on the dovetail to clamp relationship versus the amount of recoil. I definitely suggest using safety stop screws on the end of a plate or in a chassis just in case and you aren't paying attention if it walks.

You should come up with a push button lug for it like what MPA does with their barricade stop. Pull the pin, move it where you want or to the closest lug hole, reinsert pin, no walking even under recoil