• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Really Right Stuff Dovetail Pic Rail Clamp Video

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    <iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FRRSSOAR%2Fvideos%2F734446073422433%2F&show_text=0&wi dth=560" width="560" height="295" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

Last edited:
    Very cool, just ordered the Harris dual-clamp. Any plans for a clamp with a mounting point for bipods setup for picatinny?

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FRRSSOAR%2Fvideos%2F734446073422433%2F&show_text=0&width=560" width="560" height="295" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

Love the ability to clamp on the slots and picatinny ...

Love the idea of the duel mount. Wish it had been a few weeks earlier. My chassis is at MPA getting the dovetail cut extended the length of the forearm. This would have saved me the trouble.

Love the idea of the duel mount. Wish it had been a few weeks earlier. My chassis is at MPA getting the dovetail cut extended the length of the forearm. This would have saved me the trouble.

Yeah I hear you, sorry about that. I will say sliding the 1.5" Dovetail is easier than indexing with the picatinny, but picatinny is more secure under extreme recoil.

Yeah I hear you, sorry about that. I will say sliding the 1.5" Dovetail is easier than indexing with the picatinny, but picatinny is more secure under extreme recoil.

6.5 Creedmoor with a brake, so recoil shouldn’t be an issue. I’m sure I’ll be happy with it in the end, but that dual mount looks like a great solution for guys that don’t have the newer chassis with the dovetail machined the entire length. Very innovative, great work.

atxhorn4425 I am pretty sure i could do this. Give me a few weeks, I have an idea.

Awesome. I think the dual-mount adapter is perfect for my Harris, but originally I was envisioning this sort of mount since I have a Picatinny adapter on my Harris and I could definitely see people wanting it. The idea was to have something I can slide on my MPA forearm, but also use on my spigot mount - either solution gets you there, but the dual-mount does it without needing two levers. And then of course for those with a non-Atlas or Harris bipod, the Picatinny adapter is preferable.

I bought the regular Harris adapter with lever clamp last week. I ordered the 'Pro' adapter for the Harris on Monday. I specifically decided to take the Picatinny rails off the bottom of my MPA to use the Arca-Swiss dovetail exclusively.

I want to try both. If anything, I would run the pro adapter on my AICS since I still have the Pic rail on the front, and the RRS adapter for tripod use.

Took the RRS plunge this week. Michael is extremely helpful. Not a cheap piece of equipment, but I appreciate the many reviews and videos Frank has done outlining the RRS quality.
    Chris

Awesome. I think the dual-mount adapter is perfect for my Harris, but originally I was envisioning this sort of mount since I have a Picatinny adapter on my Harris and I could definitely see people wanting it. The idea was to have something I can slide on my MPA forearm, but also use on my spigot mount - either solution gets you there, but the dual-mount does it without needing two levers. And then of course for those with a non-Atlas or Harris bipod, the Picatinny adapter is preferable.

Got the HC-Pro in yesterday. Man, what an awesome mount. Clean and simple, but will work on virtually anything. Great work RRS.

Love mine!

It actual comes off easier and is easier to work with than the stock adm QR. Plus it mounts anywhere along the entire forearm including that RRS handgaurd (dovetail) that is in the image (practically obscured by the sling) that the rifle is nslan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I should clarify- I’m looking for a picatinny rail section that would go on the bottom of the clamp. I don’t use Atlas or Harris bipods anymore.