• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Really Right Stuff TFCT Combo Tripods back in stock

Thermal Optics Plus

Supporter
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 7, 2021
Tennessee
thermalopticsplus.com

Thanks again. Placed an order. I won't be switching to the new arca plates so really no reason for me to wait for the new head. I won't be drilling detent holes in my AI forend either. Well, not yet at least.. 😆

any idea when these will be back in stock? Already have the anvil 30 head

TFCT combos are always inconsistent on stock flow and when we get them they sell out super fast, a lot of them go to people i notify that they are in stock and I’ll be happy to do that for you if you want to DM a specific model please.

Just bumping this he's got a few tripods and anvils in stock. Just ordered a 22i anvil setup to compare to my 33

Thats the same two setups I use as well, I put a lot of RRS stuff in inventory last night and have quite a bit more coming next as well just fyi, thanks for the bump!
For sure really like the 33 I purchased from you last year just its a tad short for me while spotting. Which do you prefer and why? Im hesitant about the 22 as to the size but most the time its going to be used for spotting and I don't really hunt with a tripod.

For sure really like the 33 I purchased from you last year just its a tad short for me while spotting. Which do you prefer and why? Im hesitant about the 22 as to the size but most the time its going to be used for spotting and I don't really hunt with a tripod.
Tvc22i is good for a couple things imo, PRS obviously because of the rules, and also if you want something simple and super heavy duty to use hunting and especially out of a vehicle for example doing predator stands all night where you are in and out of the truck between every stand and weight or portability is no issue.

For any traveling especially via air I like 3 section... it gives you the option of putting on the side of a pack which ill just take right on the plane with me and I can get it in two sided rifle cases and pelicans a little easier than the22 because the overall diameter is smaller. Also, for a tripod primarily used for glassing and/or one that you will use sitting a fair amout or out of blinds I prefer 3 section... the footprint of the 2 sections are enormous if you start adjusting the angle of the legs out to get it low enough for sitting or knealing/prone.

About the only time I really like 4 section stuff or lightweight tripods is if they are primarily used for glassing and or hunting with a lot of walking / mountaineering. Let me know kind of what your "spotting" encompasses and maybe I can give you a few things to think about if I havent answered already.

Yes I’m interested
Few of those left for the moment:

Tvc22i is good for a couple things imo, PRS obviously because of the rules, and also if you want something simple and super heavy duty to use hunting and especially out of a vehicle for example doing predator stands all night where you are in and out of the truck between every stand and weight or portability is no issue.

For any traveling especially via air I like 3 section... it gives you the option of putting on the side of a pack which ill just take right on the plane with me and I can get it in two sided rifle cases and pelicans a little easier than the22 because the overall diameter is smaller. Also, for a tripod primarily used for glassing and/or one that you will use sitting a fair amout or out of blinds I prefer 3 section... the footprint of the 2 sections are enormous if you start adjusting the angle of the legs out to get it low enough for sitting or knealing/prone.

About the only time I really like 4 section stuff or lightweight tripods is if they are primarily used for glassing and or hunting with a lot of walking / mountaineering. Let me know kind of what your "spotting" encompasses and maybe I can give you a few things to think about if I havent answered already.
95% of use would PRS stuff and the majority of that would be spotting during matches. Where I live and hunt no real use of a tripod.

Excited to get them side by side.

A little off-topic, but I see you also have both Cinch versions, AL and polymer, in stock. From your experience with both, what is your take on the polymer vs aluminum for a 15x56 bino?

Thx!

A little off-topic, but I see you also have both Cinch versions, AL and polymer, in stock. From your experience with both, what is your take on the polymer vs aluminum for a 15x56 bino?

Thx!
Unfortunately that is about the only RRS product that we carry that I don't use regularly yet so I just can't comment anything on how that size bino would work with either of those. As far as the polymer vs metal goes I have talked to a number of customers that have both about how and why they use one or the other and I think obviously over time people expect the metal to be more durable, however I haven't heard of a single person to date breaking or wearing out the polymer model and you can buy 2 1/2 polymers for the price of one metal so that is going to be a personal call I suppose as far as which is the better deal for you. Maybe someone can chime in with some more useful info on this than I can provide at this time, sorry! If you have a very specific question about fit I would call or email RRS, Michael Haenel will know the specific answers about bino size I can just about guarantee it even if nobody else does.

Reactions: Beezer911

Thx!

Polymer has been solid for me. I was weighing the cost benifit of aluminum vs polymer and have not regretted going with the Polymer as I have zero complaints and locks up solid. I use mine on 10x42 Swaro EL's however.

Polymer has been solid for me. I was weighing the cost benifit of aluminum vs polymer and have not regretted going with the Polymer as I have zero complaints and locks up solid. I use mine on 10x42 Swaro EL's however.
Thanks - do you notice much, if any, flex with them that negatively impacts your glassing? I'm thinking the polymer will be fine since I'll be looking through them not hanging from them...

Thanks - do you notice much, if any, flex with them that negatively impacts your glassing? I'm thinking the polymer will be fine since I'll be looking through them not hanging from them...

Its pretty rigid polymer, I personally wouldn't expect that.

Reactions: Beezer911
We have a couple each of tfct34L and tfct14L left out of a shipment we got yesterday, figure we will post this stuff up here before social media for a while since we are getting such good support from this forum!

Just a note: any of the tfct combos we have in stock are the new ARC as listed on the website. I noticed when this thread was started it was still the old style anvils… those are all long gone, individual heads and tfct combos are all going to be the new ARC style and listed as such.