• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Reamer print .416 Barrett

Mr.BR

Private
Minuteman
  • Oct 5, 2017
    Looking for a .416 Barrett reamer print

PT&G these days ..............................😭 still waiting for my last order to process near 5 months later.

• Angry
    Reactions: Threadcutter308
    I know couple of guy shooting the 416. You DON"T WANT the Barrett chamber to many issue with the brass not ejecting band very heavy bolt lift. Check around and go with the 416 Match chamber if fixes the Barrett issues. Give Robert Vestal a call.

I watched it again this last weekend. Barretts where the ones with problems. Idk what they’re doing wrong, but that caliber is more often than not, the one that the gun having problems is chambered in.

The way I understand the issue is the chamber is over size and allows the brass to swell to much. The 416 match chamber reamer was made to the brass. When i shot with guys using Barrett 416's after 2 or 3 shoots they would need a mallet to beat open the bolt.

The way I understand the issue is the chamber is over size and allows the brass to swell to much. The 416 match chamber reamer was made to the brass. When i shot with guys using Barrett 416's after 2 or 3 shoots they would need a mallet to beat open the bolt.
    That's exactly what I've heard as well. That's why I had Rob chamber mine. I'm on my 5th reloading on my brass and no issues so far.

I also spoke with a local gun smith who tried to talk to Barrett about the issues with the 416 and he said they weren't interested in what he had to say.

That doesn’t sound fun.

I also spoke with a local gun smith who tried to talk to Barrett about the issues with the 416 and he said they weren't interested in what he had to say.
    I’m wondering if they really don’t care about ammo being reloaded and just shoot it once and then buy more from them.

Note that the OP has not been on this thread since Mar 24. On another forum the OP said he would be doing the chambering himself. In my reading he was going to cut the chamber on his CNC lathe, with a boring bar, NOT a reamer. Thus all he needs the print for are the dimensions. He was cautioned to get the RUAG/RWS brass for comparison with the CIP spec and go from there.

Reactions: jasent and Geno C.
    Have brass ,bullets on the way . Will see what gives .

Last edited:
    It's a combination of several things. Number one 416 Barrett is made from the BMG case the parent is roughly 120 years of age. The case was never designed for high pressure or accuracy or quality SD. Now you take that case I try to run it at pressures beyond what it was designed to handle you end up with problems yes you can make modifications to the case reduce the taper to with both thrust but that just causes more bolt lift and extraction problems. First problem is that none of the chambers are designed properly in relation to new unfired brass and thus the sizing dies are also wrong. You can make a special chamber and special dies to help reduce the issues. But it will never operate at high pressures the way an average case does because it is a column design problem finding the right manufacturer of brass is critical to functionality some of the basic laws of physics for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction if you cross section all the major manufacturers for the Barrett case you will find that by Design internally there is different as night and day from each other a change in one area requires a change in another area to solve or counter-act another problem Warner tool engage at the time has seemed to somewhat fix the issue with a revised and modified case design with the proper chamber and dies. You can also go to RCC and have brass made as per your current chamber spec dimensions but then you have to have dies made. The 416 Barrett has issues it will continue to have issues unless you run it at pressures but it was designed to handle which means but the end results with a 550 grain bullet is it going to be somewhere between 2750 and 2850 feet per second if you try to push it to the limits you're going to be beating your bolt open

Reactions: wildcats
    Ruag brass for this one ,nothing particulary fancy, in any case, will see what gives when time comes.

Last edited:
    Hi,

Good luck getting anything from RCC, lololol

OP is OCONUS and has pretty much relatively easy access to other brass we do not have and/or have easy access to in the USA.

Sincerely,
    Theis
    I never said getting brass from Rcc would be quick or cheap lol but its a very viable option for fixing the problems that come along with the Barrett