• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Reap ir 19mm

Mncoyotehnter

Private
Minuteman
Apr 19, 2012
Will i be happy with this reap ir, for using as a spotter and also dueing double duty as a dedicated scope, coyotes out to 200 yards?

If you are thinking about the 19mm just to reduce the cost, you probably won't be happy. Save a little longer and go for the 35mm ...

But if you really need more FOV because most of your action will be INSIDE 100yds ... then you'll be happy with 19mm (22 degrees of FOV). If you're strickly going after yotes, I would suspect your avg engagement range might be beyond 100yds, but that totally depends on your terrain.

The 35mm has 12 degree FOV on 2.5x magnification. About perfect for night hunting.

Reactions: Frog05
Another idea is the Halo 25mm ... about half-way between the REAP 35mm and REAP 19mm in terms of FOV and magnification ... another option is the pair of the FLIR Breach and the FLIR PTS233 ... that would give you a separate spotter and weapons sight.

I've spotted with a thermal and then thrown it on the weapon and then taken it off. I used larue rail clip to mark the spot on the rail and I practiced it 100 times in the house before I used it hunting. I could mount and dismount it with one hand and I practiced sliding it forward and left in the rail every time before latching to try to improve consistency. The shift was about 1 MOA or less. Which is ok for yote targets out to 200yds.