• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Reap IR 35mm over Halo LR?

dang472

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 3, 2012
    Kingston, IL
    Another either or question for the experts. I originally had my mind set on needing the high native mag of the Trijicon 60 or Halo LR 50. After the last dozen or so hunts this year my max shot opportunity has been under 300 with most around 200. I’ve noticed I’m only running my day scope around 6-8x for my shots with the PVS30.

Europtic and UNV are running sales on “demo” and used Reap 35mms for around $6300. That also seems to be close to the street price of the Halo LR. I know there’s a lot of love for both of these. I also like that I can upgrade the Reap to a 60 for only $1500 down the road if I still want the mag.

I feel like I could roll with the Reap 35 to close out the hunting season and then decide on the 60

halo hands down. ive had both. you can buy brand new reap 35 for $6500 if you know where to look and who to ask. the halo out performs the reap and even the mk3 60 in image especially in less than perfect thermal conditions.

Last edited:
    I appreciate it guys. The Halo is really winning over the respected night hunters. Wasn’t too long ago it was IR/Trijicon or bust. It says a lot about the company.

Most of my shots are similar to the ranges you described. I currently use a mk3 60mm and although it does have a great picture, I believe the mk3 or reap 35mm (with wider field of view) is a better optic for closer in shooting.

Well I found a trade partner for a Halo LR so I hope to report back with massive amounts of fur killing. Got a new Desert Tech with an ES Tactical 22 Creedmoor barrel. No excuses

Reactions: PowPowHawg