• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rear Bag DIY using Squishmallows

Phenometron

Private
Minuteman
Nov 9, 2023
Canada
Hi all, new here. I’m a hunter starting to stretch out my distance at the range. Wondering anyone familiar with squishmallows (kids toy) has thought of using them, or stitching up a better shaped bag, as a rear bag for long range shooting. They’re filled with little beads that are super light weight and, while I’ve never touched an Armageddon squishy bag it’s what I imagine it feeling like.

Thoughts??

I'd recommend this one since you can slide the stock between the ears.
Screenshot_20231126_083917_Google.jpg

For me, I'd use the bull and really try to make the horns work...

If they didn't cost $35 I would.

You're daring a guy that uses a towel much like this one as a shooting mat.
Mine has flamingos instead of pineapples.

20230405_084031.jpg

20230315_104504.jpg

Last edited:
My kids have many squishmallows. And I have many shooting bags with all the fills.

It’s not the same and a waste of money.

I dont think they’d work well. They’re soft, but when you squeeze them, I don’t think you’d get much displacement to move the buttstock up and down. Their fill just seems to compress.

Reactions: TheOtherAndrew
Key - fill will just compress

bad if using as rear bag, not close to as good as a schmedium with your own blend of whatever fill

Hi all, new here. I’m a hunter starting to stretch out my distance at the range. Wondering anyone familiar with squishmallows (kids toy) has thought of using them, or stitching up a better shaped bag, as a rear bag for long range shooting. They’re filled with little beads that are super light weight and, while I’ve never touched an Armageddon squishy bag it’s what I imagine it feeling like.

Thoughts??
Not sure about squishmallows, but I've experimented with bags of marshmallows before. Kept my groups sub half MOA all day long if I did my part.

Only problem was that the bag would always develop a hole at some point in the day, and only be half full by then end.

Reactions: TheOtherAndrew
Now that you mention it, I could see using the bigger ones in place of pump pillows for positional shooting. That said, after 2-3 of them, would cost the same as an actual pump pillow.

I've made a few of my own bags, one of my favorites is one I made. It has a combo of fake snow, and airsoft beads.