• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rear bag/rest for MDT Oryx chasis

Bache Kermooni

Private
Minuteman
Jan 8, 2012
So Cal
I have a decent adjustable front rest. The rear bag a rabbit ear one that is angled which works quite well for standard stocks. But, Oryx chasis has a flat bottom rear end. Also, at my range, I have to sit behind a rectangular table-like bench. So the stock recoil pad has to stick out a bit for me to get my shoulder into it.

What rear bag/rest options do I have? I was even considering something underneath the cheek rest area as it is also nice and flat, but needs a taller bag/rest. I may even be using it with a front bi-pod.

Thanks.

I’ve seen a couple bag riders that people slap onto the bottom to provide a kinder surface to ride the bags, I’d probably go for something like that to make the rear bag riding more accessible.

Integrated vertical plate that replaces the LOP spacer, you can see it just before the rubber butt pad.

20221222_095213.jpg

Reactions: Luna4570 and Rthur
I'm looking for bag rider, but this one does not shop to Canada at this time
I’ve used both Jamer models and have settled on the V2 bench rest model. If you can find a way to get one, do it. Then just get a Protektor Model #13 rear bag. I believe it’s the #13. And then call it good. The filling is very dense and stable. It is not a squeeze bag. Get your bag rider/ buttstock settled in and start working the bolt.

Last edited:
Reactions: Luna4570