• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rear Bag rider for Tac A1

trob

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 2, 2007
Idaho
I've been trying to find a rear bag rider to put on my tikka chassis and could use some input. I think I want an angled bag rider like the XLR 'Tactical bag rider'. I'm used to hunting with a regular tikka stock, and I use the angle in the stock frequently to adjust elevation.

The chassis has a little pic rail that screws into the bottom of the chassis, but im not sure if thats a standard size/thread/spacing that companies would use. Do you think the XLR would work if i remove the rail? I like the looks, material, and angle of the XLR bag rider, but I'm also looking for any suggestions you guys might have. Here is what Im trying to clean up:

Thanks
thumbnail_20191115_122718.jpg
thumbnail_20191115_132023.jpg

Last edited:
I shoot a TAC A1. I have found no reason for a rear bag rider. I use a small T.A.B. squeeze bag under the grip. Depending on the target, I find loading the bipod stabling the rifle enough to make the shot.

I have a Mountain Tactical bag rider for my Tac A1 and I really like it.

I’ve always wondered about that bag rider! How’s the fit? They make bolt shrouds and handles for the Tac A1. I’m on the lookout for a good vert grip WITH a decent thumb rest for my Tikka Tac.

I’ve always wondered about that bag rider! How’s the fit? They make bolt shrouds and handles for the Tac A1. I’m on the lookout for a good vert grip WITH a decent thumb rest for my Tikka Tac.

it fits up great, tight, I like it. To me it makes using a rear bag easier.
MT makes good stuff for Tikkas. I’ve got several of their pieces over the years and been pleased with them all.