• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rear bag

neoinarien

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 13, 2008
Wisconsin
I've done searches on here, but given that there is always something new coming out...

Wondering what guys are using for rear bags these days?

Re: Rear bag

I am useing the Straight Laced rear bags. There a few kinds. One has an attached QD to it as well as a large and small size. I get them from Short Action Precision.

http://www.shortactionprecision.com/#!shooting-gear

I've tried the TAB Gear rear bag and the Badger dog bone. I prefer the TAB bag hands down.

I make my own.

I like a large bag, and want it LIGHT.

I use hobby store synthetic snow as filler, and use Cordura fabric. I make a rectangular pillow that is 6"x9" and 3" thick.

It weighs about 4oz, and doesn't absorb water at all, so doesn't gain weight when it's raining.

Both tab and triad lil wedge worked well with H S stock, when I switched to Mcmillian a5 I found that they were not tall enough. So Str8laced now.

I have an old RedTac gear bag that i will never get rid of.

I've made and experimented with a lot of rear bags and settled on one of my own build which is an oval made of suede leather filled with plastic pellets. Just rough enough to give grip and firm enough to allow you to roll it and gain or lose height as needed.

It's the black ones in this picture of ones I've made or experimented with.

shootingbagscan1.jpg

ovalbaglow.jpg

Topstrap

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dbateman™</div><div class="ubbcode-body">TAB
</div></div>

+1

I just picked up a Triad Tapered Rear Bag.

It seems very nice though I haven't had a chance to take it to the range yet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RD62</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just picked up a Triad Tapered Rear Bag.

It seems very nice though I haven't had a chance to take it to the range yet. </div></div>

^^^

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RD62</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just picked up a Triad Tapered Rear Bag.

It seems very nice though I haven't had a chance to take it to the range yet. </div></div>

Did you gat the large or small?

Any chance you have a rifle with a SopMod and would give your impression of how the bag works with that stock?

Thank you.

I find that the large works better with any telescoping stock that I have used. There is just not much stock there, so the bigger bag works better.

I have used the standard size wedge by standing it up on end. It works, but the large one just makes it easier.

i have both the Tab bag and the red Tac and go back and forth between them regularly but lean more towards the Tab bag