• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

cornhusker

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2012
Towandaa,Pa
My question is..Is a rear bag a mandatory rule..I was told it is not
so thought I would ask you all here..I hate a rear bag..Thanks

Totally not necessary - you can use a sling if you want - but in the long run, you'll probably be more competitive using a rear bag.

If you're shooting primarily as practice for something else, or just self-enjoyment, ditch the bag and have at it.

The correct rear bag is what you need. Not just a camo sack with slippery beads!
PrecisionUndergroundRifleGear.com
AD86B47B-F8F3-42A7-A5AD-7D5FDDD73335.jpeg

Reactions: TACC and HogsLife
The neat thing about F class is that you can do whatever works for you. That said, I only know of one serious F-class competitor who doesn't use a bag similar to those in Monte's post above.

Give it a shot it may surprise you! Same concept, the bag is sized to your needs. Once you compress it the top edges fold in on the stock and hold it like rabbit ears.

So... for what it's worth, I've been shooting FTR ie bipod and rear bag since before... well, it's been a while :oops: Back when I started, a Harris bipod and a bean bag of some sort were the norm. I've shot many, many thousands of rounds in competition using a bean bag, and yes, you can shoot some amazingly good groups with a bean bag (or sock full of rice, beans, whatever). Been there, done that. Collected a fair amount of bling with a bean bag, back in the day.

That said, I've been at this long enough to have watched the progression of FTR (and F-Open) gear up close and personal. The changes have happened for a reason - and often its consistency. Shooting a 5 shot group, or even 10 shot group, on your own terms and time, is very different than shooting a 20 shot string for score with a puller in the pits. Then across multiple strings in a given day, and multi day tournaments the delta just keeps growing.

But you know all that, right, with all the F-class you've shot? ;)

So... for what it's worth, I've been shooting FTR ie bipod and rear bag since before... well, it's been a while :oops: Back when I started, a Harris bipod and a bean bag of some sort were the norm. I've shot many, many thousands of rounds in competition using a bean bag, and yes, you can shoot some amazingly good groups with a bean bag (or sock full of rice, beans, whatever). Been there, done that. Collected a fair amount of bling with a bean bag, back in the day.

That said, I've been at this long enough to have watched the progression of FTR (and F-Open) gear up close and personal. The changes have happened for a reason - and often its consistency. Shooting a 5 shot group, or even 10 shot group, on your own terms and time, is very different than shooting a 20 shot string for score with a puller in the pits. Then across multiple strings in a given day, and multi day tournaments the delta just keeps growing.

But you know all that, right, with all the F-class you've shot? ;)
I fully understand the reason for the gear in F Class. Doesn’t change the meme I posted lol. I’m just messing around here don’t get too serious.

Reactions: memilanuk
I’ve been shooting F Class for a couple years now and I have only seen one person, who isn’t very competitive, use anything other than a Protektor or similar, sand filled rear bag with ears. F Open guys generally use the front rest to get proper aiming point while FTR guys will squeeze the rear bag to influence their aim.

I hope this helps.
Richard

I’ve never shot F-class, or any other LR sport for that matter, but plan on trying F-open in the very near future. Here’s my take on it. I’m showing up to a F-open match with a PRS style rifle, with a Harris Bipod, and a Precision Underground rear bag. Why F-open and not F-t/r? 6.5 Creed.

Do I plan on being competitive? I dunno. First match, unclassified... it’s not very likely. But I do plan on learning something at the very least. As a soon to be new shooter to the sport, I’m not expecting to clean. I’m looking to, at the very least, learn the wind, learn to make corrections, and learn to be consistent, all while being on the clock, and surrounded by like minded people.

My first time out, I’m running what I know and what I’m comfy with. I don’t like rabbit ears, so I’m not using them. If you don’t like rear bags, then don’t use one. Shoot a few matches, see what they are all about, and what your capable of with the gear you have, and if you see fit, make changes as needed.

i remember seeing how you can use the sling to "load the bipod", if your a bipod smasher

I tried it this past Saturday @ 600.
Will take a little getting used to.
Once I get everyone at the range used to seeing it I'll probably try just a hand loop.

Attachments

• AnDor-Sling.jpg
    AnDor-Sling.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 65