• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rear bags

silentnswift

Private
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2012
Kentucky
Shot my first match at rockcastle team match a couple weeks ago. I waited until I started shooting before I looked into support bags and position building, mainly because I was unsure what to expect. During the match my teammate had a Armageddon game changer and a fat he lent me to use. I undoubtedly want a game changer but the fat bag I'm unsure about. I originally was going to purchase a medium. After some thought how often do you all actually use them and would you suggest medium or large? At the match I seen no one using a sling. I seem to be able to get a daily solid position using a sling from barricade shooting.

I have the large fat bag. Not sure I'd want anything smaller. I don't use mine that much, just the OG gamechanger usually.

Almost never use the large "pump pillow" or fat bag. Only time is if it's a awkward high prone or a rooftop where I need a lot of height for a rear bag.

Almost never use a sling except for positional stages. I just carry the rifle by hand so prefer a lightweight sling that takes minimal space in the pack. Magpul's standard sling or a VTAC sling are good simple choices.

Waxed canvas game changer is my current favorite support bag.

IMO less is more, buy a cheap sling, buy just the GC. Anything else will be so rarely used it's not worth carrying around. You can always borrow from fellow shooters if you really needed one.

Almost never use the large "pump pillow" or fat bag. Only time is if it's a awkward high prone or a rooftop where I need a lot of height for a rear bag.

Almost never use a sling except for positional stages. I just carry the rifle by hand so prefer a lightweight sling that takes minimal space in the pack. Magpul's standard sling or a VTAC sling are good simple choices.

Waxed canvas game changer is my current favorite support bag.

IMO less is more, buy a cheap sling, buy just the GC. Anything else will be so rarely used it's not worth carrying around. You can always borrow from fellow shooters if you really needed one.

I appreciate the advice. That's what I was looking for m, is it worth the money and extra weight to carry around if it's rarely used.

I have been considering the Wiebad tac pad so its another option to consider. Its smaller than the pump pillow, but can still be worn on the arm to fill voids. It is also used as a rear bag by some shooters.

Wiebad tac pad seems nice do you have an idea on MSRP