• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rear rest...

Wardy

"Gordy"
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2008
North Eastern NC
Used the SH Google search function without success, anyway....

What rear rest would you guys prefer to use off a bench in conjunction with a front rest such as Caldweld Rock BR....I dont really have any intentions on any type of BR comps, just shooting for shear enjoyment.
Been looking at the Protektor Model 14DB....but I dont know.

Re: Rear rest...

I have had good luck with a bean bag or two...Very adaptable.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wards75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So, maybe I could be over thinking it...? </div></div>

I don't think so Wards, I like the protector a lot, I don't remeber the model, but I have quite a few, and end up using the Protecktor rear bag with Owl ears almost every time.

I like your thought on the Protektor, good stuff--having the owl ears is a nice feature.

you could always use an accushot monopod. Its like a bag thats always attached to the rifle. I like them alot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wards75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Redtac" Stuff looks promising....man, damn! all these hard choices!!! Lol! </div></div>

I hear ya. I bought the large pillow, regular sized bag, and the half pint bag before finding the half pint to be just right. All are great products.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wards75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What rear rest would you guys prefer to use off a bench in conjunction with a front rest such as Caldweld Rock BR....</div></div>

Any of the "bunny ear" bags will work fine.

You will find that most "tactical" type bean bags dont work are well as the semi-rigid nylon or leather bags that the benchrest guys use.

When I am shooting off a bench rest (Rock BR) I use a Stoney Point Standard Rear bag.

I use Triad's rear bag but I don't shoot a ton off a bench. I would give you a link but steve is updating the website. Those stony point bags that lonewolf is talking about look nice.

Just a suggestion with what ever you choose, what you fill it with is impotant as well. i used sand and I dont really like it, but my buddy used cleaning media and it works great and its cheap. if you want a little more weight you can add lead shot to the bottom of the bag. I agree with LoneWolf that the bunny ears are better, one that is leather with nylon inside the ears will helo the rifle track well. good luck.