• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rebarelling an HS Precision Pro Series action

spike223

Private
Minuteman
Apr 5, 2017
Hello
The HS precision rifles are very interesting.
Anyone here re barrelled their HS Pro Series at a reputable gunsmith?
What are the threads specs?
TIA

Hello
The HS precision rifles are very interesting.
Anyone here re barrelled their HS Pro Series at a reputable gunsmith?
What are the threads specs?
TIA

Have you considered calling H-S Precision and asking them the specs on the action? 1-605-341-3006

Or, try this:

WWW.Google.Com

Type in, H-S Precision Pro Series action specifications, or something along that line.

Reactions: Clob McStrunk
That's probably why I am asking here...no answer from HS about a month ago..of you want to look at my Google search history ..feel free to ask

So anyone got info?

My gunsmith buddy rebarreled one for me. I can’t remember the threads but it wasn’t anything bizarre. Any reputable smith should be able to do it. They do have a coned bolt but any smith should be able to cut that. I would think HS would have tennon prints?

Reactions: msgriff
man the couple of times i've reached out to HS over the years with questions, they have been super responsive. hope you get the info you want.

We use(d) HS Precision handgun stocks on our XP-100’s (center grip) drop in if used with a custom, no safety trigger. Using a stock Remington trigger, a bit of Dremel tool work gets it there. I would suspect that they pretty much follow Remington standards on their rifles as well.

I have a HTR Pro-Series 2000 from about 2001. It’s been forgotten in the back of the safe unused for probably 15 years.

For grins, and now maybe I’ll rebarrel it and offload it, I popped off the barrel. Rather, I put the barrel in my vise, slid in the action wrench and as I was about to put the breaker bar on the wrench, the action spun off in my hand…

This is an OLD action, and a sample of exactly one. These measurements were taken off the barrel, and I will not guarantee the accuracy of the measurements, but it should give an idea of what is involved.

IMG_1953.jpeg
IMG_1954.jpeg

Reactions: msgriff