• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rebarrel 338 lapua into ?????

joseph-98

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 24, 2012
Nevada
www.instagram.com
So I have a shot out rammington 700 chambered in 338 lapua. It's in a aics chassie and all the good stuff jewel trigger so my question...

Should I rebarrel into another 338 lapua or change it into something else... something possibly better.... I have a 300 norma and love it , just wondering if there is something else worth changing to?

Attachments

• 20191014_233937.jpg
    20191014_233937.jpg
    460.1 KB · Views: 38
How may rounds did it last? How often do you shoot at Lapua Magnum distances? Do you reload? What is the purpose of the rifle?

I have yet to shoot out a barrel in either my 338LM or the 338LM Improved. I also have not been swayed as to a definitively better cartridge per my application. A lot of variables to look at.

How may rounds did it last? How often do you shoot at Lapua Magnum distances? Do you reload? What is the purpose of the rifle?

I have yet to shoot out a barrel in either my 338LM or the 338LM Improved. I also have not been swayed as to a definitively better cartridge per my application. A lot of variables to look at.
I shot over 3000, yes I normally shot out to 1700-2600 all the time...yes I reload.. no purpose just a different option in guns to have..

And as of now I like my 300 norma way more then any of my 338 lapuas I have had

Cool deal. Shot with a guy that had a 7mm-338LM. He called it a 7mm Ely. Lasted 700ish rounds. I agree some of the new stuff out their is interesting. Just not at the cost of new dies, load development, and shorter barrel life. For my purpose that is. Best of luck on your decision. I’m most happy with my Improved 338.

Reactions: BCX
338 Norma or a crazy improved single feed only variant
Why only a 338LM AI single shot? Guess it all comes down to the bullet of choice. Solids would have to be run SS.

Last edited:
.223-338. Would be great for those newer 88-90 grain bullets.

Reactions: BCX
Loving my 338 LM AI....so much that i just built a 2nd one. Both running from a modified AI CIP mag. No feeding issues. Accurate as hell even fire forming 338 LM ammo.