• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

rebarrel to 6.5CM - Seekins Precision SP10 AR10 308, possible?

buggz

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 25, 2021
Georgia
How easily would this be able to be re-barreled and chambered for 6.5 Creedmore?
Any problems with the bolt, and magazines?

Nothing to it, fitting a barrel and matched bolt is the easy way. You may need to make adjustments to the gas system. The bolts are the same but on any Ar based system they need to be matched to the barrel so it’s typically to buy bolts and barrels as a package together. 6.5cm also runs a bit higher pressure than 308 and some bolts may not be suitable for 6.5cm. JP high pressure bolts are excellent.

One example

Proof and Bartelin are probably as good as it gets. I’ve also had great results with the JP barrels.

Last edited:
Reactions: buggz
and that is an excellent reply. Just make sure it is done by a reputable gunsmith. I did need to adjust the adjustable gas block also.

Reactions: BikePilot
This requires a gunsmith to perform?
Unless, I buy a complete upper assembly?

I had a proof carbon 6.5cm barrel installed on a low round count 308 sp10 and couldn’t be Happier. Super accurate. About 100 percent sure I used the same bolt

This requires a gunsmith to perform?
Unless, I buy a complete upper assembly?
A smith needs to match the bolt to the barrel—this is done for you already if you buy then together as is probably most common. If you buy a barrel without a bolt you should get it matched to ensure correct headspace.

Nothing to it, fitting a barrel and matched bolt is the easy way. You may need to make adjustments to the gas system. The bolts are the same but on any Ar based system they need to be matched to the barrel so it’s typically to buy bolts and barrels as a package together. 6.5cm also runs a bit higher pressure than 308 and some bolts may not be suitable for 6.5cm. JP high pressure bolts are excellent.

One example

Proof and Bartelin are probably as good as it gets. I’ve also had great results with the JP barrels.
^^^^ definitely
My understanding is these two barrel brands are matched to JP bolts and that’s what’s recommended by them.

Reactions: BikePilot