• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rebuilding 10/22?

crebrosseau

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 12, 2010
OR, US of A
www.facebook.com
Hey, I am looking at 'freshening up' my mom's 10/22. It's about 30 years old. I don't plan on making it super accurate or spending a ton but just a new barrel and stock. Where is the best place to get replacement parts? Any thing else I should replace if I'm going to have it all apart already? I'd don't know anything about 10/22s. Just looking to help my mom out, maybe make it a little more accurate in the process. Thanks for the help.

Re: Rebuilding 10/22?

Spend $90 on a green mountain barrel, then send the receiver and barrel off to Randy at CPC and have him do the trigger, mag release, bolt and thread the receiver and barrel and slap it together. Total cost with barrel will be around $350 and you will have a tack driver. Then either hog out the original stock to fit the new barrel or pick up a stock.

This combo package has been the basis of several builds I've done. It provided a decent accuracy improvement at an affordable cost.

While Midway lists the setup as discontinued by manufacturer, it is still listed a various other sources. Greg

First off CPC does great work and takes care of a lot of 10/22 issues,trigger headspace chamber crown ect. You can get a Kidd barrel for the price of all the CPC work and still have a crappy trigger....But the barrel is superb. A 19" GM heavy barrel is a nice option, still need the rest though...You get dizzy looking at all the stocks that are avaiable for these rifles, so That would be a personal preference...To quote a part in "Mad Max"..." Speed is just a question of money, How fast do you want to go" Definatly agree with 19Scout77...Should still skin bed it though.