• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Recap of the URSA NorCal Nov ‘22 event

ELR researcher

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 30, 2011
www.elr-resources.com
20 Nov 2022 - Recap of the URSA NorCal Nov ‘22 event (by RD, Lynn Dragoman; build info and comments from Oscar)

Well, the weather was in the high 20's to low 30's for most of the day. We had 9 shooters on the line at 2147 yards, going hot at roughly 8:30 AM.

The gong road was snowy or wet the entire way. I set out our brand-new Panther Rock Ranch hit indicator lights and they worked flawlessly on their first outing. We will continue to test them in conjunction with our IRIS (vintage RTAC) lights to see how well they stand up to the abuse we give them.

Our current location is way more challenging than our old 2054-yard location. Not because of the longer yardage but because we are shooting downhill into a shadowed gong without much open splash area that you would see at your typical club range.

After the snow settled, yours truly managed to get a win with my Billy Goat Machine 375 Cheytac using 361 Flatline bullets and Hognuts’ load data, texted me, which was shot untested. Thanks to Hognuts for his load data!!! Moodolistic was Runner-Up.

With plenty of time left in the day we held a second match and my hunting buddy Moodolistic put on a shooting clinic for us all to witness. He was shooting his Billy Goat Machine 375 Cheytac using 400 grain Cutting Edge Lazers. He hit 7 out of 10 in the qualifier, giving him an achievement point and our first qualifier so far for the URSA 3000 Yard Challenge (2023). In the match he took the win over yours truly by one shot. A huge shout out to Moodolistic on his second win in two months!!!

Also, a huge shout out to Brian at Panther Rock Ranch for getting me an 8-array hit indicator light on Saturday afternoon. And thanks to everyone attending for enduring the weather.

Lynn was shooting Warner Tool 361 Flatlines out of his Billy Goat Machine/BGM-built 375 CT with Stiller TAC 408 (TAC DRIVER) action, Bartlein 36” barrel, McMillan HBR stock with barrel block, March 5-42 Wide Angle scope, Burris XTR Signature rings with 20 MOA, and a 55 MOA intermediate Pic-to-Pic rail on a Stiller 30 MOA Pic base.

Moodolistic was shooting 400 gr Cutting Edge Lazers out of his Billy Goat Machine/BGM-built .375 CT with Stiller TAC 408 (TAC DRIVER) action, Bartlein 37” barrel, Ashbury Precision SABER chassis, and a Schmidt & Bender PM II 5-45x56 scope with ERATAC (0-20 mrad) adjustable incline mount on a 20 MOA unidentified (unmarked) rail.