• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Recap of the URSA NorCal Oct '22 event

ELR researcher

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 30, 2011
www.elr-resources.com
18 Oct 2022 - Recap of the URSA NorCal Oct '22 event (by RD, Lynn Dragoman; build info and comments from Oscar)

Well, after a 2 hour delay getting 2 new gong locations setup, we held 2 matches, starting at 9 AM.

The first match started off well and Moodilistic's 375 Cheytac newest load was showing immediate progress. When the dust settled I was lucky enough to take the win with my 375 Cheytac and a load given to me by Hognuts 24 hours before the match and untested. Moodilistic was Runner-Up.

On the second match the mirage was atrocious and the scores reflected it. Moodilistic took the win with his BillyGoat Machine 375 Cheytac and Cutting Edge 400 grain lazers. This was his first win ever and in horrible conditions. Ken Eng was Runner-Up (he ran out of ammo during a Sudden Death against Moodilistic).

Congrats to Moodilistic!!!

I would also like to thank RickyRacer87 and Shaun Brady for helping me setup our newest gong locations. We are no longer shooting at our 2054 yard location. We are now around 500 yards up the road. We no longer need to move our gear, which saves valuable time and energy, and yields better shooting conditions (because conditions are better earlier in the day). Our new gong locations are 2147 yards 2630 yards 3278 yards and 3720 yards, all from the same shooting position.

We are also planning a fun shoot with no matches, just so any shooter can try our venue out without the pressure of a match. This will allow shooters to try up to 2 miles + without having to qualify. Even if you don't own a typical URSA-capable gun, you can come out and shoot one of my guns to see how it all works. This will be a family and friends type event.

Also I should note RickyRacer87 brought out a new shooter, Amanda, and her first shot was a hit at 2147 yards, coldbore. Way to go Amanda!!!

Lynn was shooting Warner Tooll 400 Flatlines out of his Billy Goat Machine/BGM-built 375 CT with Stiller TAC 408 (TAC DRIVER) action, Lilja 36" barrel, McMillan HBR stock with barrel block, March 5-42 Wide Angle scope, Burris XTR Signature rings with 20 MOA, and a 55 MOA intermediate Pic-to-Pic rail on a Stiller 30 MOA Pic base.

Mahmoud was shooting 400 gr Cutting Edge Lazers out of his Billy Goat Machine/BGM-built .375 CT with Stiller TAC 408 (TAC DRIVER) action, Bartlein 37" barrel, Ashbury Precision SABER chassis, and a Schmidt & Bender PM II 5-45x56 scope with ERATAC (0-20 mrad) adjustable incline mount on a 20 MOA unidentified (unmarked) rail.

Ken was shooting 762 gr Cutting Edge MTACs in a Billy Goat Machine/BGM-built .50 DTC Eastes with McMillan TAC50 action, 35" Lilja barrel, McMillan LBR stock, Nightforce NXS 12-42x56 scope, and Ivey 200 MOA base and rings.

There are a couple pics in the Gallery.