• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Recce choices

Woodlanddude

Professional Hillbilly
Minuteman
Jan 26, 2007
Beckley, WV
I am planning on buying a recce style rifle for rattle battle/3 gun type matches as well as maybe doing some shooting at steel out to 600 yards or so. Plan is a dot or Eotech on a larue for some uses and having a 1-4 or similar optic on an spr qd mount for the rest. Adding a light and it will be done. For these purposes have my choices narrowed down to the Bravo Company Recce and the Daniels Defense M4 V5. Does anyone have a favorite between these two? Any experience with one or the other would help me decide thanks. The rifle will be fed a mix of ammo depending on the day(m193, m855, and I will work up a mk 262ish 77gr load for it).
Thanks,
Matt

Re: Recce choices

Look at HCS High caliber sales as well. I have a BCM 16 that I am using in that role right now with a Leupold 1.5x-5 and fast fire. I don't care to much for the Leupold and I am looking at the 1-6x24 range to cover my recce needs.

Thanks for the responses so far! Accuracy experiences would be very helpful as well!!

Take a peek at the Centurion Arms Recce upper while you're at it. Monty uses the same tube as the Mk. 12 (literally, the same piece of steel, just 2" shorter) so if you're going to shoot Mk.262 from it, you can't have a more appropriate barrel/chamber.