• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

RECCE/ intermediate range rifle pic thread

Re: RECCE/ intermediate range rifle pic thread

It has a 16" carbine length gas system (CHF, not Stainless however), freefloated handguard, and low range variable optic, I classify it as a Recce-style rifle:

IMG_25511024x576.jpg

About typical accuracy when shooting for precision, with Black Hills 77gr SMK remans:

IMG_25531280x720.jpg

A real-as-it-gets Recce, not my image, seen it posted around a few sites (here included not too long ago):

ST6ReconRifle-1.jpg

16" mid length (Rainier Select) with Leatherwood CMR:

8049165461_965853209c_c.jpg

It's set up to eventually run a suppressor once I move out of CA. Muzzle brake is set up to take the AAC SPR/M4 can. I'm also using a Paladin Machine 3 position gas block for optimal running with the can. For now, I call that position on the gas block : Short Stroke
smile.gif

I don't really think of this as my 'recce' rifle but I guess it sort of qualifies:

rifle.png

The scope is a 6x42 super sniper, the barrel is a rainier ultra match I had nitrided. It's accurate enough to where it would benefit from a much higher power, finer reticule scope but that sort of defeats the purpose of having a 16" 223 carbine.

Not sure what qualifies as a RECCE, but here's mine before I revamped it. Now it wears a Rainier Billet upper, a 12" Centurion C4, and a Griffin Armament brake. (Updated picture later, unless my rifle doesn't qualify as RECCE.) That's a 16" Rainier UM barrel. Shoots alright, too.

dsc6231k.jpg

dsc6259s.jpg

Edit: Meh, just imagine it with a 1-4x.