• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Recce rifle info?

charliejhusn

Private
Minuteman
Nov 20, 2010
Oregon
Haven't found a whole lot of good info on these rifles. I was wondering what mod they are up to because mstn has a recce mod 2 upper and I'm not sure if the navy is really that far? Was also wondering if the navy navy uses them much and how far they could shoot out to? I have seen a video of one shooting out to 800 yds, so would it be able to shoot to 900?

Thanks,
Charlie

Re: Recce rifle info?

A 16" Recce will start to go sub-sonic at about 750 yards with 77 gn SMKs. If you want to get out to 900 I think you might need a longer barrel. That might be my video, I am not sure.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Arboreal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A 16" Recce will start to go sub-sonic at about 750 yards with 77 gn SMKs. If you want to get out to 900 I think you might need a longer barrel. That might be my video, I am not sure. </div></div>

Are you AZAPPLESEED on YouTube? If so do you like your recce or mk12 more?

Thanks,
Charlie

Yeah, that's my video. The Recce is mine and the SPR is my buddy's rifle. I guess I like the Recce better. With my YHM can it is long enough. The 20" SPR has about 200 fps on my Recce though. I think the Recce is a little more versatile as a carbine/sniper rifle. The SPR is more like a "light battle rifle." It just depends what you want out of your rifle versatility vs higher performance. Basically I am saying they are both better.