• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Receivers only ?

Gary Smith

Private
Minuteman
Mar 11, 2005
Whitewood S.D.
I saw a ad the other day that implied Remington was now selling receivers only.
Can one buy a Winchester receiver by it's self ?
I have always wanted a controlled round 30.06 Winchester/ M40A1 type rifle,
without buying a new rifle and throwing most of it in a parts bin.

From what I understand a Remington action does not meet the ATF's requirements for a standalone action. This information needs to be on the action, Remington has the city and state on the barrel. This is why the FN actions that became available had to have the city and state engraved on them. Not sure how Brownells sells them.

Make
Model
Serial number
City and state

mark

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

I don't know about the model 7's, but Bruno's Shooter Supply has the Remington 700 long and short actions in stock right now. I don't believe they're trued. There is a dealer out of Washington or Oregon that sells them fully trued, but that name escapes me right now. I think they're a Hide dealer too.

Bruno Shooters Supply: Remington

According to ATF, Mark is correct.

Since Remington does not sell the action alone, (it doesn't contain the required information) anyone disassembling a rifle and selling the action alone, becomes the manufacturer, and is required to inscribe the action with their Make, Model, SN, City and State, to comply with ATF Regs.