• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Recent NFA wait times?....

Ghillieman37

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 30, 2018
Central PA
Hey everyone...just checking to see if anyone noticed a decrease in the NFA wait times for supressors since they switched to the digital format for the forms?

My most recent form went as follows. Done through SilencerShop utilizing info already on file and the barcode. I did it at my kitchen table.

MPX SBR form 1
Check cashed 9/22/17
ATF Received 9/25/17
Still Pending 2/08/17
Approved 3/26/18
Received 4/03/18

Right at 6 months in the BATF’s possession. I have a suppressor that they received the form 4 for on 11/20/17. It’s a shame that there was a month from when I did it through SS until BATF got it. I would possibly be getting it back in the next 2 weeks. Judging by the previous form, which doesn’t mean anything when it comes to NFA processing, It might be back middle of May.

I submitted a Form 1 on 5/18/17 and got it back yesterday 4/17/18.

I'm at 209 days for a Form 4, non-Trust. Card was charged on Sept. 20, 2017. Called ATF yesterday and they said it was still pending.

20171005_112447.jpg

She's so beautiful... Haven't seen her in months. Oh well, absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Reactions: Bull Arms
I have been hearing that form 4's are taking right at 6 months. I'm at 6 months on one and nada..

I am at 13 months on Form 4 and still waiting to receive it. Called and it was approved 2 weeks so waiting for the call from the FFL that it arrived in the mail. Will update the tracker when it gets here. Form 1 SBR was submitted 07/27/2017 and I recieved it in the mail 04/14/2017. both are on the same trust.

Last edited:
Still waiting on GAG to get their shit together. Been about 3 weeks on the form 3 and they actually told me on the phone today that BATF has been taking their time with F3s. According to other info I've seen, they are full of it. I'm counting on lazy employees at this point.

Reactions: Double D123
Brutal. I still don't understand why the wait times are all over the place. Some take 6 months. Some 8, some 10, some a year. I don't get how the process works I guess.

Sanswiss 551p
Individual Form 1: check cashed 7/31/17, received 4/21/18. Approval date 4/16/17

Two individual form 4’s submitted at the same time, checks cashed 7/24, received last week of December 2017

Still have a Form 4 from October, two more from Feb 2018, and two Form 1’s from March to wait on.

Seems like recent approvals have drifted into this thread instead of the Form 4 Wait Time sticky at the top of the page. Would be nice to keep this info in one place.

Still waiting on GAG to get their shit together. Been about 3 weeks on the form 3 and they actually told me on the phone today that BATF has been taking their time with F3s. According to other info I've seen, they are full of it. I'm counting on lazy employees at this point.
Eform 3s are taking 5~7 days now. Did GAG actually have the silencer on their shelf?

I'm approaching 14 months on a Form 4 and a Form 1. Called and said they were still waiting on the background from the FBI. ATF can't tell me squat and there is nobody at the FBI to call.

Reactions: EazyRhino
Got one of mine today that I submitted early/mid April of last year. Have two more waiting, one of which was purchased and submitted shortly after the first one. Third was only a month or so ago.

The first one came back several weeks ago but there was an error, wrong caliber listed, on the approval papers due to the person submitting my paperwork and caught by same person who sent it back for correction.

I'm approaching 14 months on a Form 4 and a Form 1. Called and said they were still waiting on the background from the FBI. ATF can't tell me squat and there is nobody at the FBI to call.

I too aim in the dreaded 'FBI background check' hell. I was seeing lots of October '17 approvals so I called and found out they sent my paperwork to the FBI April 4th. Worst part is no one can tell how long that takes (I've read weeks all the way up to many many months).

Reactions: 2nasty
Thats their factory fde cerakote. I'm sure I'll have it redone eventually, or it'll wear a suppressor cover if it ends up not holding out against hard use. I'd do some nasty shit to own that scar. Post sample select fire... the balance is just perfect.

Thats their factory fde cerakote. I'm sure I'll have it redone eventually, or it'll wear a suppressor cover if it ends up not holding out against hard use. I'd do some nasty shit to own that scar. Post sample select fire... the balance is just perfect.

I have one, its held up great after a couple years. After time it gets a shade darker and more glossy but I assume thats just the oils from my hands getting burned into it making the sheen. I really expected more of the cerakote to have scratched off by now but maybe Im just not tough enough on it.

Reactions: TanktheFrank
Mine just took 202 days from purchase to stamp. It was on a form 4 with trust.
Purchased 10/13/17
Stamp arrived at dealer 5/3/18

I’ve been waiting on a form5 for 10 months called them last week they said it was approved back in OCT and I had to send a certified request form to get a copy of my approved form gotta love the BATFE

It has been approved. Now the worst part of the wait... holding out for the stamp to show up at the dealer...
Tomorrow will be 3 weeks since approval, and still no stamp... I'm hoping that you have less of a wait than me.

I just received a call from the dealer who I purchased my first two suppressors from that the first stamp had come in. I ordered the suppressor on 9/1/2017 and received the call/will be picking it up today. I hope the second suppressor which I ordered a couple of weeks afterwards is coming soon, though I won't get my hopes up.

Tomorrow will be 3 weeks since approval, and still no stamp... I'm hoping that you have less of a wait than me.

Been waiting on mine since I was approved 9th of April. 30 days after and you can request a certified copy be sent.

My guy at shop I bought at says its been about a 10 day average from what they have seen lately. Sucks that you guys are still waiting. Hopefully we all get them asafp.

Haha Im not that kind of asshole lol. I'll be picking it up friday morning. Shop isnt open on Saturdays, so I need to drive the hour or so up there, pick it up and fly back down to make graduation. Going to spend the weekend at the range, doing my best to end noise pollution lol!

Haha Im not that kind of asshole lol. I'll be picking it up friday morning. Shop isnt open on Saturdays, so I need to drive the hour or so up there, pick it up and fly back down to make graduation. Going to spend the weekend at the range, doing my best to end noise pollution lol!

do you know when it was approved? i'm guessing 10-14 days ago since it is already at your dealer to pickup.

Reactions: LSUbeatUby40
Saturday the 28th. I asked the guys at the shop if that was normal thing, they say the nfa branch has unrestricted overtime so they have even seen sunday approvals. Just hearsay, but interesting regardles.

Interesting. When I called yesterday the lady stated mine was approved on 5/5 which I noticed was a Saturday and thought was weird. But not too bummed about. :) Now hopefully the stamps are gonna arrive by the end of the month.

30 days since approval as of today. Dealer is going to request certified copy since their 30 days is up. Not sure what that's going to do?

Finally got my form 4 yesterday. filed paperwork on Feb 17 , 2017; approval on April 30 2018. Form 4 arrived at FFL 5/8/18. I filed electronically using the same trust I have used for other NFA transactions. Last one took 14 months.

Last edited: