• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing recently converted my ruger M77 Mark II to a detachable mag

jeffg

Private
Minuteman
Oct 20, 2020
Fairfax, Virginia
Hi guys

Recently I converted my Ruger M77 Mark II A-bolt to a bottom metal that accepts aics long action 300 win mag magazine (detachable).
What a task to say the least, anyway I bought a Pmag aics 5round mag. It all works OK but the spring rate is somewhat week making the feed rat not 100%. Some fail and double load attempts. What I did was double up the springs as an experiment. That works great! 100% feed no fail!!!
(WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR:) AICS replacement springs 10 round then I can cut them OR a stronger 5 round spring.
Just not finding it with google.
Any help sure would be great

I know this is an old post But if you still have your factory bottom metal , I’d love to buy it from you. I’m rarely on here but my number is (970) 640-8678

Hi I don't want to sell it, It is installed and working well. They still sell bottom metal as far as i know. Hey you are in my old stomping grounds, you #(970) I was in eagle county 17 years. Anyway glad to let you know the issues I face for the conversion.

Attachments

• DSC_7863.jpg
    DSC_7863.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 199
I’d love to buy it from you.

You can't sell or offer to buy here without paying a fee. The owner takes that very seriously and you're liable to see the ban hammer if you don't remove your post ASAP.

well let the owner have his fee, but I am not selling anyway. Leave the guy alone why be a Karen? Carl?

I'm trying to help him not get banned. If that's a problem for you, then FO.

Hi I don't want to sell it, It is installed and working well. They still sell bottom metal as far as i know. Hey you are in my old stomping grounds, you #(970) I was in eagle county 17 years. Anyway glad to let you know the issues I face for the conversion.
What make and model is that bottom metal for the AICS setup on the M77 MK2’s? I have one in 7mmRM and another in 7mm-08 Rem that I’ve had for 20 & 25 years. They’re both the old 90’s all-weather stainless with the skeleton stocks. The 7mm-08 is the ultra-are Mountain Rifle model that has a full-size (adult) 13.5” LOP stock, but a short pencil barrel for extreme lightweight.