• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Recently moved to DFW. Any Rimfire PRS/NRL22 matches around the DFW area? Any good ranges to practice at?

richthe1

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Mar 31, 2018
I’m trying to find any Rimfire PRS or NRL22 matches around the DFW area. I checked on the NRL22 website and found Jacob’s Plain Gun Club has one, but I contacted them and they said they aren’t getting enough interest so are having to cancel matches. Most I’ve found online are roughly 3hrs away. Any other Rimfire competitions in the area I should look into?

Any ranges you like? I was looking at Jacobs Plain The Battlefield, ETTS, Triple C. I went to a great club PRS match at Jacobs Plain/The Battlefield at it was a great facility but that’s the only one I have experience with.

Also, are there any ranges closer to Dallas? It’d be nice to have a 100yd outdoor Rimfire Range where I can practice positional shooting, but I haven’t found much luck.

Rimfire isn't that big in DFW as far as I know. I've been to Jacobs Plain - not a big fan. Jason Garvey has an 800 yard range in Wolfe City that you can go to once you show you can keep bullets on the berm, but it's not set up primarily for rimfire or anything. I'm not sure of one that is honestly.

Reactions: richthe1
I want to keep up with this thread for 22 matches.
I know of a range in fort worth that my wife uses for 22 nra and club match.
Pm me.

We’ve held 1 NRL 22 match.

Honestly the guys into this stuff in the area are so covered up in PRS, NRL, NALRSA, and club matches that a 22 match is simply hard to fit in.

Near Dallas check with it B-Tactical for a place to practice positional without membership.

Jacobs Plain is close as well

We’ve held 1 NRL 22 match.

Honestly the guys into this stuff in the area are so covered up in PRS, NRL, NALRSA, and club matches that a 22 match is simply hard to fit in.

Near Dallas check with it B-Tactical for a place to practice positional without membership.

Jacobs Plain is close as well
I totally understand. Glad they’re busy shooting matches!

Thanks, I’ll look at B-Tactical!

I have been hoping for more interest in the 22 matches in North Texas, but building a new house right now has me totally buried up.

The range in Navasota has a monthly 22 match, but for me that's 3hrs South.

@rrflyer where did they have that match?

B Tactical last fall. We’ve talked about shooting the 22 COF after the monthlynclub match in Greenville, it’s just a matter of finding the time.

I know of a dozen or so guys that have vudoo’s in the area and we have the NRL 22 target sets.