• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Reciever/Factory BM Problem

cuutter

Private
Minuteman
May 22, 2008
Hesperia,Kalifornia
Hello everyone, I ran into this problem today and don't know what to do. While putting this rifle togather I found that the reciever didn't have a lip on the bottom to catch the factory follower. I looked at another reciever I had and it has a lip on the bottom on it to catch the follower. I have encluded pictures of both reciever's. Other than installing a DBM on this reciever is there anything else I can do.
Thanks for your help.
Wayne

Reciever1.jpg

[img:center]
Reciever2.jpg
[/img]

Re: Reciever/Factory BM Problem

The receiver on the bottom was made for a larger diameter round (probably a RUM round) than the one on top. That's the reason for the different feed lips. You might be stuck having to get a dbm of some sort.

Kevin Wyatt at Wyatt's Outdoor makes a variety of boxes for the Remmy 700. Some of them have feed lips incorporated into the box. I am sure you can get a box from him that will work. He also just came out with a very informational publication called "The Smoke and Mirrors of the Feed Cycle". If you are a gunsmith and have to fix or make actions feed this publication will save you many frustrating hours.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AJ Goddard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He also just came out with a very informational publication called "The Smoke and Mirrors of the Feed Cycle". If you are a gunsmith and have to fix or make actions feed this publication will save you many frustrating hours. </div></div>

Thanks for the heads up.
I just ordered a copy.

First, thank you guys for the input. I found a factory DM I can use for this one. I will pay closer attention next time. Also thanks AJ for the heads up on the book. Got one coming.

Thanks all again
Wayne