• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Recipes, advice for a newbee on wet magnetic tumbling...

RTTY

Private
Minuteman
Sep 5, 2023
Italy
Hello guys,
I've buyed one little magnetic tumbler from Vevor (KT-185) attempted from the good review on the web.

I think that this tumbler make a good job with 50 or little more cases of 6,5x47 Lapua, wath do you think?

I need some recipes and/or advices for best result on washing and preserving the shiining of the washed brass.

I read that some reloaders use car shampoo with wax, the wax residues on the body of the cases can make some issue or make hazardous situation during the shooting ?
During the powder burning the wax on the body surfaces can make some impediment for the gripping of the body to the chamber?

Thanks and happy Easter, Camillo!

I've been wet tumbling for a long time now. Until the past two years, I never used the media pins and just used dawn dish soap for a solution. Didn't need the cases ultra clean for my bulk 223 reloading. But I always had corrosion issues. I then got some pins and the rcbs solution I linked it it shines them up nicely and they don't corrode any more.

I've been wet tumbling for a long time now. Until the past two years, I never used the media pins and just used dawn dish soap for a solution. Didn't need the cases ultra clean for my bulk 223 reloading. But I always had corrosion issues. I then got some pins and the rcbs solution I linked it it shines them up nicely and they don't corrode any more.

Hello @bdubmkg ,
before this magnetic tumbler I used one self made rotatary tumbler activated from the cordless drill with good results.

But this solution are a bit more noisy.

My previous recipe are Finish dishwasher gelsoap and some Grains of Cidric Acid.

Not corrosion for my brass but if I not rinse with deionized water and fast dry some tarnish appear on the cases...

Thanks for the RCBS product suggestion.

Hello folk,
please can anyone explain me if the wax on the car shampoo can make some trouble web the case is fired?