• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Recirculated Air on Airplanes

427Cobra

Lt. Colonel
Minuteman
  • Nov 24, 2005
    DFW Texas
    I have been a aircraft mechanic for 33 years, 23 years at Southwest Airlines, I keep hearing so called experts say that the air on airliners is recirculated and if one person has ..........., everyone gets it because the air is recirculated over and over again, BULL SHIT. So here is a little education for everyone, yes the air is recirculated, but that air goes through a bad ass HEPA filter before being reintroduced and all of it comes from the baggage bin in the belly of the aircraft, not the passenger compartment, air is pumped from the ceiling and exits the cabin through vents near the floor, where it exits the aircraft through a modulating valve that is used to control the pressurization of the aircraft. Use some common sense, if one person has the covid 19 on the airplane, why hasn't a single flight attendant(close proximity to infected people) come up with this new so called pandemic.

Last edited:
    I have been a aircraft mechanic for 33 years, 23 years at Southwest Airlines, I keep hearing so called experts say that the air on airliners is recirculated and if one person has ..........., everyone gets it because the air is recirculated over and over again, BULL SHIT. So here is a little education for everyone, yes about 10% of the air is recirculated, but that air goes through a bad ass HEPA filter before being reintroduced and all of it comes from the baggage bin in the belly of the aircraft, not the passenger compartment, air is pumped from the ceiling and exits the cabin through vents near the floor, where it exits the aircraft through a modulating valve that is used to control the pressurization of the aircraft. Use some common sense, if one person has the covid 19 on the airplane, why hasn't a single flight attendant(close proximity to infected people) come up with this new so called pandemic.
    FI.... ;)

Good info thanks! Trying to decide if I’m flying to Utah on Wednesday and was only worried about the recirculating air on the jet. Sounds like if I rinse my stomach with Tito’s I should be safe.

Dead flight attendants breathing recirculated air onto your face?

I thought I was the only one.

Nah, there’s a few more of us who have to deal with the door whores and peanut pushers on the daily. I still get the occasional weirdo asking me where I put the contrail juice.