• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Recoil Control Bipods

I made it 2.84 seconds into that video and could not stop it fast enough.

Fundamentals. Get back to them. The below action shot is in grassy terrain. Form is simply astounding. Study it.

If she can do it, maybe you can too.

Kinda like a muzzle brake. I bet you have one of those on your rifle. Same concept to shoot a 20lb rifle instead of a 8 lb rifle. All are crutches to gain an edge.
Not really. A brake uses simple physics and no moving parts to put an otherwise wasted byproduct of combustion to good use. Screw it on and you're done.
This bipod contraption is like an erector set and some Ikea furniture had a baby, and its handicapped so it needs constant adjustment and help getting dressed.

Not really. A brake uses simple physics and no moving parts to put an otherwise wasted byproduct of combustion to good use. Screw it on and you're done.
This bipod contraption is like an erector set and some Ikea furniture had a baby, and its handicapped so it needs constant adjustment and help getting dressed.
I didnt say I liked it. I was just making a comparison. I feel sorry for the bipod after reading your description.

You also aren't trying to spot for yourself. You're looking at holes in paper. Really no point unless you miss the target entirely.

I think F-Class shooters are just having low recoil envy or something.

Why would you use a bipod when you are allowed to use a full rest for F-Class?
Is it a common conception among F-Class shooters that a bipod is more stable that a bench rest with dirt feet?

The best way to get out of muzzle breaks/brakes and other similar devices is the 12 steps program, the serenity prayer, and shooting a sporter model in the pocket just below the adam apple. Fundamentals come back real quick.

Introducing the Culpepper series of ultra tactical muzzle breaks.

Guaranteed to enhance your vagajay.

• Haha
Reactions: Spblademaker
Why would you use a bipod when you are allowed to use a full rest for F-Class?

Maybe because someone wants to shoot in F/T-R class (where bipods attached to the rifle are required) instead of F-Open (where bench rests on the ground are allowed)?

It would help your case (taking pot shots at F class shooters) if you knew a little more about their sport...….

Do any of you guys realize that muzzle breaks are not permitted in F Class?

I know that muzzle brakes are not permitted, I didn't know about broken muzzles.

Nevertheless, a rifle taken to near the F/T-R weight limit driven properly will not need some contraption bipod like the one in the video.

I never said I did. I just thought you were allowed to use a rest. That's pretty much the reason I've never pursued it or tried to shoot a match. I have always thought it was a hybrid of benchrest and hipower.

Still, I have no desire to shoot at targets that don't make sound unless I'm developing a load or zeroing.

Maybe because someone wants to shoot in F/T-R class (where bipods attached to the rifle are required) instead of F-Open (where bench rests on the ground are allowed)?

It would help your case (taking pot shots at F class shooters) if you knew a little more about their sport...….
you do realize they use "bipods" that slide in the same manner as stock on a rest? not a fucking harris

you do realize they use "bipods" that slide in the same manner as stock on a rest? not a fucking harris
F/T-R requires bipods that are rigidly affixed to the rifle. F/T-R does not allow any rifle supports that let the rifle slide on them.

F-Open, as the name implies, has very few restrictions on what the rifle is supported by.

I happen to know quite a bit more about F class than you think I do, and likely far more than you do.

F/T-R requires bipods that are rigidly affixed to the rifle. F/T-R does not allow any rifle supports that let the rifle slide on them.

F-Open, as the name implies, has very few restrictions on what the rifle is supported by.

I happen to know quite a bit more about F class than you think I do, and likely far more than you do.
ski feet...pretty damn common. and attached to the rifle. hence why "bipod" is in quotes...because its a very different work than a normal long range/field/prs bipod

ski feet...pretty damn common. and attached to the rifle
That's not what you said. You said "bipods" that slide "in the same manner" as a stock on a rest. Anyway, if you've never shot F class you probably shouldn't be commenting on it.

That's not what you said. You said "bipods" that slide "in the same manner" as a stock on a rest. Anyway, if you've never shot F class you probably shouldn't be commenting on it.
ski feet slide in a manner similar to a forend on a rest. or at least more similar than my hawk hills dug into the ground.

and i have shot f class so there's that

Well guys I expected a certain amount of resistance on this and that's OK because I admit it is a little left field for inside the box traditionalists, but I hope some of you consider this idea over time and how it may be beneficial for you.

Keep in mind that I do not have to take any of the recoil... none of it... just back away from the butt pad and let the bipod do all the work.

The video is targeted toward F Class as that is the context that drove the development, but the concept can be applied in many other shooting situations.

I'm also not selling anything here... It's just something I've enjoyed doing and I would never shoot F-Class without it, unless the ground would not allow for it. I've tried Sinclair tripods, Viper Tripods and fancy joystick bipods and nothing provides a more stable platform... nothing.

A Key point is the farm where this video was shot is sandy like a beach with grass on it, not good hard clay or even black top soil like found in most farm country. You can see the ground giving away particularly with the 308 but with the others as well. So it works better in better ground.

As for the just use a heavier gun crowd... With this bipod you can use a light rifle with a large caliber (if that's what you have) and not suffer the brunt of the recoil and well better than any muzzle break can do.

Another point is the spikes on the feet of these bipods were limited to the 2 inch F Class rule but could be as long as you want. With that in mind, a bipod of this type with longer spikes could be used to capture 100 percent of the recoil on just about any large caliber rifle.

As for the good position is good enough crowd... This bipod is far more stable than any good position can achieve. The light rearward pressure on the rifle drives the rifle down to the point where you could kick the shooter and the rifle would not move. It is incredibly stable. Much like ground effects on a race car, it creates the effect of weight without the weight.

Keep in mind that F Class is about 1/2 MOA X ring out to 1000 yards and a super clean break over 12 to 17 rounds is required. These bipods create a far more stable shooting position than a tripod or any other bipod system out there in field conditions.

With a normal bipod after 2 or 3 days in competition the recoil wears me down, but with the spiked feet I have better focus over the entire match, so for me at least I feel better at the end of the day.

All I can suggest is that before you dig in and dismiss the concept, try it for yourself with a spike and a strap attached to the front sling swivel. It's simple enough for you to experience it for yourself.

Like this...

Last edited:
please tell me that's you in the video and you were hoping for some validation of an otherwise moronic design

I expected exactly the response I got...
I was hoping for something positive and insightful.

As for a moronic design... I have a wall full of awards that say otherwise.

Truth Passes Through Three Stages:
First, It Is Ridiculed.
Second, It Is Violently Opposed.
Third, It Is Accepted As Self-Evident

Arthur Schopenhauer

I couldn’t watch the whole video, honestly. I did skip to the end though and this thing looks cheesy. Needing ropes and such for adjustment.. I wouldn’t want to spend 10 minutes adjusting the legs on my bipod with a rope but I’m not a F class shooter either so perhaps that’s a normal thing for F class folks.

First, It Is Ridiculed.

Arthur Schopenhauer
I get the concept with the spike in the ground, but my world is PRS style matches and LE. Spiking your rifle to the ground won't work in either of those situations.

Reactions: Cjwise5
I couldn’t watch the whole video, honestly. I did skip to the end though and this thing looks cheesy. Needing ropes and such for adjustment.. I wouldn’t want to spend 10 minutes adjusting the legs on my bipod with a rope but I’m not a F class shooter either so perhaps that’s a normal thing for F class folks.

I agree completely... they are just home made proof of concept prototypes used for a very specific application.

I have also designed a telescopic forend system that achieves the same result. It transfers recoil to a bipod if attached to the barricade.

First, It Is Ridiculed.

Arthur Schopenhauer

The first thing is,
One a shooting education would clearly pay for itself in a short amount of time. I would be filling up my fundamental eval with negative things.

Learning to properly shoot a rifle from a bipod can never be taken for granted.

Step one: Straight back behind the rifle

Step two: Recoil Management techniques

Step three: no extra work required - experience is self-evident as being effective in these situations

You are bladed off to the side, your head is rolled over, your finger is dug into the first knuckle and your press is more a finger squeeze vs the correct pad of the finger, straight back 90 degrees. The rifle will always exploit an angle created by the shooter.

Even with a 338, the proper technique can demonstrate, even with a 125LBS shooter the rifle will recoil in a straight line with a minimal amount of movement.

20" AI AX 338 Rifle off a bipod in the field, note the movement, note the recoil pulse, note the distance the muzzle travels in comparison to the objects around it. No spikes, which do work, no straps, no tent pegs in the ground.

But I dig the enthusiasm

Learning to properly shoot a rifle from a bipod can never be taken for granted.

Common, you just haven tried the newest in bouncy bipod extensions.. The long flexi- tube makes for everything perfect
need-this.jpg

Wait is that you in the shadows,fixing the operators? kidding.
Black- opps.jpg

I know maybe I'll get one of these and put a FOX gas strut in it to dampen the bouncing.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Fig and seansmd
i had one here for a year, sent it back minus the review or video

Couldn't do it
I've seen a person struggle with that damn thing, not able to reach it to adjust it or when they do, put part of their hand in front of a live muzzle. Then not shoot well and yet walk off a stage and claim how good it is.. LOL

People do not know what they don't know.. equipment to fix poor fundamentals, can also be the handcuffs they'll never see.