• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Recoil reducing vented bullets.

JWV

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2009
Mich State Univ, East Lansing
Re: Recoil reducing vented bullets.

Some of the comments are excellent

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If this company wants the bullets to go faster they should paint racing stripes on them, because that's going to be just about as effective as what they've dreamed up. </div></div>

Loading them out into the lands (of most rifles) will let the powder fall out of the cartridge...

Now......if you had a <span style="text-decoration: underline">smooth</span> bore and <span style="text-decoration: underline">angled vents</span> to impart stabilizing spin.....??????

Paul

This is how an Engineer goes about reducing a load.
wink.gif

I once drilled 3/16th holes down the center of some 450 grain 45/70 bullets just to see what would happen .Used a .060 LDPE wad on the powder to seal the hole till the bullet left the muzzle .They shot to the same place and just as acurate as undrilled ones . Arnie

you know, I can see the velocity increase--but I would attribute it to the very light weight bullets and not so much the gas ventilation stuff.

I don't know about reducing the recoil forces other than it simply being a light bullet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Teggy1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is how an Engineer goes about reducing a load.
wink.gif
</div></div>

Looks more like something someone in marketing would come up with.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Teggy1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is how an Engineer goes about reducing a load.
wink.gif
</div></div>

An engineer would have the sense to look at that and recognize it for the joke that it is.

A fool and his money...

The bullet is going so fast there would be very little (if any) affect like a Muzzle break. Not to mention it looks like those holes would not be blocked by the barrel.

Looks like a good idea for African hunters who love to have classical looking magnum class rifles, but want lighter recoil. It seems sound- should work a lot like Magnaporting- maybe a 25% recoil reduction.

There's a market for the product- it's just a small market. For everyone fiscally conservative who shoots more than a couple boxes of rounds per lifetime the muzzle brake is the way to go.