• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Recoil reduction Savage Mod 11

BOL556

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 7, 2009
I have a Savage mod 11 in 308win and was curious what is the best way to reduce recoil and improve accuarcey. I will be getting a better stock for it and i thought about getting the barrel theaded to put a muzzle break on it. Is there any other means of doing this. Or does anyone know a website i can go to, to check out aftermarket barrels (if the barrel is able to be replaced). thanks for the replies in advance.

Re: Recoil reduction Savage Mod 11

You have a lot of things on your plate.

I'll bet one of the best ways to reduce recoil and improve accuracy is to pay $10 and get online training here.

I'm sure a better stock, properly installed, will help.

If you must add something on the muzzle, I like PWS, like the FSC30. It does add a few hundred bills, considering install, and a few inches. Then, it adds a little to muzzle blast, which may or may not be an issue for you, along with recoil. After #1 and 2 above, you may not want to bother.

I would leave that barrel alone, unless you know it's bad.

Re: Recoil reduction Savage Mod 11

Making the rifle heavier reduces recoil. Shooting lighter weight bullets like 155gr lessens recoil. Switching to a lighter recoiling caliber like 243WIN or 260REM will definitely reduce recoil. Don't get a break...that's obnoxious to everyone you shoot with.