• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Recomendations for rifle paint job

Kevlars

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 17, 2011
USA
Ok I have read and read and looked and searched for a company or individual that comes highly recomended to paint my entire rifle Desert Digital Camo. When I purchased my rifle .308 20 inch with a McMillan A5 Stock, they were suppoes to dip it, but they pulled the dipping process back in house and it has been 8 months and I am really tired of waiting for them to get their crap together (plus I think I would rather go with something more durable like Cerakote finish). So I want to get it done, but done right. I wanted to get recomendations from the Hide. I am not looking for submission of "cool" paint jobs as I am looking for professionals that know how to disassemble a custom rifle and put it back together with skill and care and knows and has done "cool" paint jobs. I realize that this will cost some money as all quality work does, and I am willing to pay for a professional job in a timely fashion. So with that said anyone have any suggestions (I live in Arizona so if there is anyone local to the Phoenix area -that would be great)-- Thanks in advance.

Re: Recomendations for rifle paint job

Tom Manners does very high quality work, and he's more than helpful if you need to ask questions. Also I am not sure how local it is to you, but in Bishop California there is Three Wolves custom painting, never used them before though so couldn't comment on their work. I highly recommend Mr. Manners though heres a link to both

Manners sight
http://mannersstocks.com/

Three Wolves
http://www.threewolves.com/contact.php

Hope that helps ya out

I will check them out...

get ahold of Todd at manners, or ARPredator on here, find his name and search his posts, he's posted lot of his work, he does amazing work

riflestockpainting.com seems to be a unknown link.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: punkpigpen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">riflestockpainting.com seems to be a unknown link. </div></div>

fixed...my comp skills slack

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">With things like this it comes down to what do you want.
</div></div>

agreed!
wink.gif

ya I have reached out to Todd and he is swamped. I am in contact with Phantom-- its a tough thing giving up your rifle .. but with all of your recomendations its a bit easier.

I have decided to go with PHANTOM FINISHING-- more expensive than the other options but I just get a good feel from the communication with him.

I will let you all know ... it will be about 8 weeks till my baby comes back. .....