• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Recomendations lighter weight scopes

Boatninja

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 3, 2018
Out there somewhere
Anyone have experience with lighter weight scopes in $1500 to $3000 range, needs turrets, up to 25x. Will be on hunting-long range 6.5 creed. Currently has Leupold VX3.

I have two Vortex AMGs w/EBR-7B reticle and they serve my purposes for shooting precision rifle matches very well. If you can wait, Liberty Optics is a good place to get it. It has excellent glass, repeatable adjustments, weighs less than 30 oz., and except for the German made reticle is entirely made in the USA.

Reactions: Boatninja
My longest range, lightweight, dedicated hunting scope is a Swaro Z8i 2.3-18x56.
It weighs 25.6 ounces, takes ballistic turrets (optional) for vertical and windage.
I'm impressed with the low light capability and high light transmission it provides.

Last edited:
Reactions: Boatninja
Here is my long range hunting scope on my 6.5 creed, 3-15x50 Premier LT

D433BFA3-9D3E-40EB-83AD-A2DC3997D39C.jpeg

I was thinking a cardboard tube from a roll of paper towels with two rubber bands for the reticle... That's pretty light weight.

Otherwise... I'd go with a S&B Ultra Short or a EOTech Vudu.... all depends just how nice it has to be at insane distances.

Anyone have experience with lighter weight scopes in $1500 to $3000 range, needs turrets, up to 25x. Will be on hunting-long range 6.5 creed. Currently has Leupold VX3.
I recommend the Leupold Mk5HD 5-25 which is what I have on my 6.5 creed. Weighs only 30oz and has worked out really well for me.