• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Recommend a good gunsmith?

crebrosseau

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 12, 2010
OR, US of A
www.facebook.com
Hey all, I'm just looking for a good gunsmith. There isn't a real big selection locally and from what I've read not real great reviews. I'm just looking for put a DMB, new bolt knob and cut down and thread the barrel on my 700. It's nothing fancy, but it gets the job done. Any suggestions? I've done some googleing and nothing really stood out. Thanks in advance.

Re: Recommend a good gunsmith?

Mark @ Short Action Cistoms is great at all of that. He also offers accurizing tune ups for the Rem 700 that are very good. It allows you to true/square action, set back factory barrel with custom chamber, tun trigger, bolt knob and so on for around $600-700 I think. Allows that custom gun experience without the price tag.

Mark built me a full custom and his work is top notch.

Wisner's up in Chehalis, WA is really good!

HSSS in Wa is great aslo, good prices and AMAZING turnaround times, see my tag for contact.

I second smokin99 awesome gun smith he did my first custom absolutely awesome going to send my 300 win to him next

I would normally suggest Mark Gordon @ Short Action Customs, or William Roscoe @ LA Precision. However, if you want someone closer to you, then you might want to contact Darrell Holland in Powers, Or. A lot here don't know him, but he is also tops when it comes to precision rifles. Best of luck.

I highly recommend Accurate Ordnance in Winder, Ga. Top quality work, good turn around. Very nice folks to do business with.
Semper Fi